50p bet makes a million for punter

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
50p bet makes a million for punter
A punter is believed to have become Britain's first betting shop millionaire after staking 50p on a bet with odds of more than two million to one.

The customer, who is yet to come forward to collect his winnings, landed an eight-horse accumulator on Friday night to land the million, which is bookmaker William Hill's limit on horseracing.

The bookmaker says the winner is a regular in its Thirsk, North Yorkshire, betting shop and places similar bets almost daily, although he has never come close to winning on an major scale before.

William Hill spokesman David Hood described the win as a "staggering bet".

He said: "Even a script writer couldn't have dreamt this one up. His first winner was called 'Isn't That Lucky' in the 2.55 at Sandown on Friday afternoon and his last winner was 'A Dream Come True' in the 9.20 at Wolverhampton.

"It is a staggering bet, and earns him a place in history as the world's first betting shop millionaire."

news.uk.msn.com

thats a nice result pitty he didnt put it on 2 slips of 25p each :) but i wouldnt moan if i was him

it's good to hear that someone that could only afford a 50p bet has won that lot
just hope he dosn't blow it all in the bookies

Were does it say he can only afford a 50p bet, you will probably find out like many others he has many bets at 50p on, like me i go in to bookies and place 10 bets or more at 50p each, but never had a win like that

Think most ever had has been couple of hundred.

With the name of those horses it sounds like a fairytale, well done to him. Its really great to hear a story like that.

Apparently the bet was 2.8 million to one so he lost out on £400.000 because of max payout but I am sure he isn't to worried about that.

The wiinings were capped at 1 million. 2 bets would have netted more m8

wouldnt have mattered, if you read the rules its MAXIMUM payout of £1 million not maximum payout per slip of £1million.

there are loads of maximum payouts at bookies if you look at the rules.
like a certain person can only win a certain amount in one day on an event.

imaigne if he had stuck a fiver on it and due 7million back but he could only claim 1million how guttin would that be

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

imaigne if he had stuck a fiver on it and due 7million back but he could only claim 1million how guttin would that be

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just the way it is. when you put a football bet on the returns on the bottom have been more then a million, had a row with a customer about it, he kept on about if his bet comes up he wants his £14million!!

just the way it is. when you put a football bet on the returns on the bottom have been more then a million, had a row with a customer about it, he kept on about if his bet comes up he wants his £14million!!

i think i would be fighting for 14milion aswell!! bit of a get out clause this maximum payout is it not

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i think i would be fighting for 14milion aswell!! bit of a get out clause this maximum payout is it not

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

not really, when you think of the amount of bets like that a company takes in a day like the one that came up for the guy there has to be a limit somewhere,
imagine if up and down the country on a single day 10 peoples bets came up like that for £10 million each for example.
as a company there has to be a limit, i dont condone it but i understand if it was my company.

Wow, fair play to him. Must my footy accumulators have ever paid out id £37 and I was over the moon

Lucky guy!! What a result, I bet he couldn't believe it. I reckon I'd pee my pants if I won that kind of money!!

Back