500s Sly Dublin Ireland

donaghq

Inactive User
Reaction score
All,

I cannot get my dreambox 500s to work. I have a Sly Dish.

I can receive the channels but cannot decrypt any of the good stuff.

I am using digitalworldz ver2.0 image which seems to have evocam2.12 built in.

Has anyone got their 500s to work in Dublin. I have searched through the posts but cannot find any info on a working solution.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

the only way to get the sky channels to clear, no matter what image or cam you have loaded, is with a valid and paid for subscription card m8

thanks for your relpy digidude.

I have a basic paid subscription to sky. I use Sky+ at the moment. I would like to be able to get the ppv channels etc. through the dreambox. that was what i was hoping for when i bought it.

I have read on these forums that people are getting all the channels, What are they doing to do that? pointing at a different satellite? I am pointed at astra? Is this owned by sky?

youll lose the sky+ facility if you switch to a dreambox m8, you wont gain any 'extra' channels or nothing via satellite

people get free channels via cable dreamboxes, but you have to have a basic cable connection for the feed to be coming into the house, the cable dreambox is then flashed with an image, a cam and keys to decode the services that arent being paid for

damn!!! so my 500s is useless?! and I have spent so much time on it! guess it's time to ebay it? out of curiosity how do people use the 500s? is it just a as basic FTA receiver?

Might sound like wasting good money after bad but get yourself a motorised satellite dish to go with the Dm500s and forget about S*y there is so much more on the satellite side than cable.

the 500s is one of the most powerfull satellite receivers on the market m8, i have 3 of them :)

have a look in the european satellite room to see the channels its capable of decoding

If u can connect your box to a router, then u can have everything on every sat ;)

go figure.

so does this mean that there is a ray of light! I could connect my dreambox to the internet and it would decrypt the channels using the astra satellite?

thanks!!

so does this mean that there is a ray of light.....
If you forget wanting sky channels for free and realise satellite tv as a hobby has lots more to offer then i'd say yes there may be a glimmer of light.:proud:
If you just want free sky then nah sell the sat-dreambox it wont suit you.
Regards.

Back