500s glitching

emarald

Inactive User
Reaction score
Vermin 2 meg broadband, netgear WGT614 Dm500s works perfect with c/s

Toshiba notebook start using on the same network glitching, and thats just surfing the net.

Would the speed need upping or is it another problem, anyone got any suggestions.

have you got utorrent running on laptop or anything that downloads stuff, as that could be the problem as they take up lots of bandwidth!

have you got utorrent running on laptop or anything that downloads stuff, as that could be the problem as they take up lots of bandwidth!

No big-hol nothing running only surfing or if facebook is opened

No big-hol nothing running only surfing or if facebook is opened
hmmm, try resetting modem and router, good to do this occassionally anyway, if none of them could it be your server!

The only time I notice this sort of behavior is if one of the kids is uploading at full throttle,
are you sure no-one is using your network unknowns to you ;)

I am the server, 8 of us all perfect with no problem except one, what I have done so far.

Reflashed a new image now using Darkstar II CCcam 2.2.1, replaced the old Belkin router with a Netgear WGT614 set Security Encryption (WEP) Key, changed the password on the Dreambox via telnet.

Watched the TV perfect ECM at 0.118 to 0.135

Turned on the Toshiba notebook and on loading the home page which was set for msn.com glitching, when home page fully opened, working normal again this repeated itself everytime I surfed to the net.
Could this be the drambox or Vermim broadband.
All others use Vu+ duo's and have higher internet speeds with no problems, but surely 2meg should be able to handle this?.

Does he have a very small upload speed?
As even surfing the net requires upload traffic albeit very small,I know I'm stretching boundaries here :)

Maybe bad connections/cables which start to struggle when the network is called for?

Sorry m8 not coming with much help :(

Can you set the router to give the Dreambox IP preference over any other connection?

have you done a speedtest to see if your actually getting the 2mb/s

Maybe you have some spyware on the notebook, have a look in taskmanager for anything using large amounts of CPU (svchost in particular)

Back