500s a few questions

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
i've been reading through loads of threads on here about sat stuff, so i bought a clone dm500s at the weekend.
The cable scene is dying out and i needed something to get me interested again and i'm loving it .
I've got it up and running on the FTA channels and been looking into CS.
So a few questions
1 If i have 2 or 3 boxes can i use the same cline on them I.E is the ip addy they use the one for the pc or the dreambox ?
2 The CS servers i've been looking at don't make it clear what you will actually get on a fixed dish pointing at 28.2. I intend getting a motorised dish and maybe the new TM box but in the meantime would like to get something like the Sly programs to keep the mrs happy. Is this possible ?
I'd love to get a big fook off 2 metre dish but i don't think she is going to be happy with that lol
The EPG is crap and i've tried a few times to get the Squlite ?one working.it says something like "file already in use" but thats not a problem,i'll figure it out
Cccam on the box says it 2.1.1 although i've downloaded the latest one from PLI jade ( using pli jade 3 image) and clicked on restart cam . Whats that all about ?
This is good fun i've never used FTP in my life or had anything to do with linux so i'm really enjoying the challenge.
I think the answer to Q1 is no but not sure if there is a way round this
Thanks in antisipation guys

Epg will be rubbish on the DM500.

Stay clear of public c/s servers as they'll glitch like mad.

Hi guys
i've been reading through loads of threads on here about sat stuff, so i bought a clone dm500s at the weekend.
The cable scene is dying out and i needed something to get me interested again and i'm loving it .
I've got it up and running on the FTA channels and been looking into CS.
So a few questions
1 If i have 2 or 3 boxes can i use the same cline on them I.E is the ip addy they use the one for the pc or the dreambox ?
2 The CS servers i've been looking at don't make it clear what you will actually get on a fixed dish pointing at 28.2. I intend getting a motorised dish and maybe the new TM box but in the meantime would like to get something like the Sly programs to keep the mrs happy. Is this possible ?
I'd love to get a big fook off 2 metre dish but i don't think she is going to be happy with that lol
The EPG is crap and i've tried a few times to get the Squlite ?one working.it says something like "file already in use" but thats not a problem,i'll figure it out
Cccam on the box says it 2.1.1 although i've downloaded the latest one from PLI jade ( using pli jade 3 image) and clicked on restart cam . Whats that all about ?
This is good fun i've never used FTP in my life or had anything to do with linux so i'm really enjoying the challenge.
I think the answer to Q1 is no but not sure if there is a way round this
Thanks in antisipation guys
1: No you can,t use the same line for 3 boxs..
2: You should get all SLY channels
3:EPG on 500,s is for next 2 progs only, due to limeted memory
4:Delete CCCam +matching Cfg file,, then REBOOT box,,THEN re download the latest CCam ..+Cfg .make sure to select in top 3 options, AND SAVE, with green button..cheers satcat

Not directly, but the solution is pretty simple. You would need to setup the external c: line in one machine, then use this machine as a local server to reshare everything with your other boxes.

....and yes, the Dreambox EPG is total shite. :)

Not directly, but the solution is pretty simple. You would need to setup the external c: line in one machine, then use this machine as a local server to reshare everything with your other boxes.

....and yes, the Dreambox EPG is total shite. :)

Providing your original cline has enough reshare rights ;)

What does local mean ? i've seen it a few times
Does it mean someone locally i.e this country who has a card ?

It means anybody who has a an actual legit card m8.

Back