500c

raj said:
hello Zaf , the message is " this service does not currently send a signal "
although the channel range is not i believe full . Do you think its my signal level
the snr varies between 65-70 % most of the time , but i checked it on nt box in their eng menu its about the same. Just to be sure I soldered the inner connection on the coax connection .
How can i be dead cert I am in telewest area , can i check in eng menu in original box ? what do i look for ?
And which bouteq file is assigned for which areas please , I used the following files , : gemini 2.9 flash an and the file u sent me to put in var /temp folder , i just drag and dropped them and then rebooted the dream box.
Or am i missing keys as when i look in key folder its empty .....how do i get them please if thats the case ? thanks for your help .

almost there m8 :) u need to copy the cables.xml that zaf posted and place in var/etc NOT /var/tmp as anything in the tmp folder gets deleted upon reboot.

if u flashed a backup from the downloads section on here then it should all be set up for AU ing but if u want to look at the keys u may press menu then info then stream info it will then tell u the keys :) but u shouldnt need to really deal with any of that as it will update on its own.

but getting back ontrack if u copy that cables.xml over then reboot when u go to scan again it will should only give u one option "bruteforce" this way u wont need to know what provider u have ie ntl or telewest it should just scan for everything :) although please note this way of scanning does take alot longer as it scans everything

also it may be worth double checking all your connections to the dreambox remove any splitters, attenuators just to be sure

hope this helps

osborne82

hi net id is : 41042 model samsung smt-2110c thanks

Finnaly got box working ! used gemini2.7 and brutforce.
Cahnels are all over the place , so which version is best for picture qaulity ect and i f i flash a nerw version wll i lose all my channels ..will i have to rescan again ? also will ppv work in which version please , many thanks

raj said:
Finnaly got box working ! used gemini2.7 and brutforce.
Cahnels are all over the place , so which version is best for picture qaulity ect and i f i flash a nerw version wll i lose all my channels ..will i have to rescan again ? also will ppv work in which version please , many thanks

alot of questions there lol
glad u got sorted with gemini 2.7 :) which version for pic quality ? id prob say gemini 2.9 or even gemini 3, depends on how u flash the new image as to wheather u lose your channels. if u ftp say gemini 3 over to the /tmp dir and rename it root.cramfs then update via the onscreen display then u wont lose any of your channels. but another way is to copy your sevices files and bouqetts from var/tux/config/enigma and just copy back over after a reflash :)
as for ppv gemini 2.9 has been knowen to work well with ppv but i dont have ppv anymore so cant answer fully.

hope this helps

cheers
osborne82

ok thanks very much ,for info , but are you saying one has to subscribe initially for ppv ? or ou just dnt get it in your area? soory to ask but how does one activate it from the dreambox if i wish to try ? thanks

raj said:
ok thanks very much ,for info , but are you saying one has to subscribe initially for ppv ? or ou just dnt get it in your area? soory to ask but how does one activate it from the dreambox if i wish to try ? thanks

yeah sorry i mean we went vod round where i am years ago lol so we lost ppv its now all vod which u can still get on the dreambox but depends on a number of factors and u cant choose what u want to watch :( it s what other people have ordered not really worth it now.

cheers

osborne82

hi any chance you could send me gem3 all set up please ? cant seem to download wont let me . ta

The signal-to ratio snr has to be near 92 level to receive all the channels without any breakup in picture.

Back