4001 stuck on tune

Dhoom2

Inactive User
Reaction score
i got 4001 box from ebay it brand new box i have got the box key and IRD key and i cut talkback aswell then i made fund card and it work for 2 day then the within 3 it gone to stuck on the tune. when i press up and down and hold for few sec it get to O. how do soft this out?

i have changed my area frequancy and removered jumper but it same problem.

help plz

i think the atmels need reflowing, use the search function and have a look i am sure u will the solution to your problem.

do a search for the 'stuck on tune' guide - normally a capacitor failure, not atmels

thank you for reply. i have put capcitor new but it same problem.
what ss atmels what does it do.
i dont know anything about atmel?

thl for u reply

thank you for reply. i have put capcitor new but it same problem.
what ss atmels what does it do.
i dont know anything about atmel?

thl for u reply

the attmels are were the firmware is stored

nothing to do with stuck in tune

ok u followed tbc's stuck in tune guide A and B?

if so try dalmations stuck in tune guide

i got 4001 box from ebay it brand new box i have got the box key and IRD key and i cut talkback aswell then i made fund card and it work for 2 day then the within 3 it gone to stuck on the tune. when i press up and down and hold for few sec it get to O. how do soft this out?

i have changed my area frequancy and removered jumper but it same problem.

help plz

Mate, try take all splitters off the cable feed, connect the box directly to the cable feed from the box on the wall inside your house, once the box updates etc you can then put back on splitters etc, ive had these problems loads of times before with stuck on tune, worth a try....just a suggestion..

Post your SNR Est on page 5 or 6 in E/Menu. If it reads below 30dB it would point to a capacitor problem. I had one a while back which had a dB of around 18-19 and thanks to some advice by Chookey who told me to apply heat to the areas where caps in Stuck in Tune Guide and see if it rises-sure enough it did-I replaced the Caps C323 and C325 behind card reader and it burst back to 33dB!

u replace 7 new capacitor but i still get stuck i have follow the tut A and B.
actully i got 2 4001 box both of stuck and i put new battery.

if i reconnect the talkback it work fine but when i remove talkback it back stuck again.

u replace 7 new capacitor but i still get stuck i have follow the tut A and B.
actully i got 2 4001 box both of stuck and i put new battery.

if i reconnect the talkback it work fine but when i remove talkback it back stuck again.
Looks like you've answered your own question there mate. Seems more than likely you've made a mistake as to where you cut talkback. If you can take a pic and show us your talkback job.

Chookey

Mate, try take all splitters off the cable feed, connect the box directly to the cable feed from the box on the wall inside your house, once the box updates etc you can then put back on splitters etc, ive had these problems loads of times before with stuck on tune, worth a try....just a suggestion..

another trick i used to do when my box got stuck on tune was to take the box up to my dad's house, plug it in, and sure as shlt, the box would always update, then i would bring back down to my house , plug it in and hey presto !! worked fine.....so thats another idea for ya mate.

had this problem a few times..pull the red jumper, short the battery, and reboot holding channel up , let go when its says boot on led display

Back