4001 No Netid

roisin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey, i am working on a 4001 that is stuck in Tune. I followed TBC's guide and still have the problem. I can get into eng menu and although the freq is correct I have no netid...its just five dots. *****. I am in a pure ntl area. I always thought these boxes set they're own net id. Anyone ever came accross this before, is there a way to set the netid myself i.e. using the fun card method. I've had a search about the forum and cant find anything similar to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S I've replaced the cim using one from a working box signal quality is good and freq is correct for my area. Thankx in advance.

Have you had a read through Dalmations stuck in tune guide?¿? It's in cable downloads :)

Yeah m8, i am working through the guide now. After removing all the 33v chips I am getting a net id. Still sticking on tune tho and won't let me force update. Gonna warm boot an see if i get any channels. Will let u know

Just channel 0 with message box saying no channels currently available. I went back into eng menu and my real and actual time clocks ar sun 6th jan 1980. Is this a problem why my box wont update.... am ompletely baffled now....

Back to no net id again... I replaced the battery and no change. Real time clock keeps changing between the corect date and jan 1980. I have completed dalmations stuck in tune guide and am now clutching at straws. When the date says jan 1980 i have a error message saying NVRAM CA BAD CRC but if the correct date and time is on I don't get an error message just the last reboot time. I am thinking about replacing the NVRAM chip but would like some advice or opinions if anyonethinks this might change anything. Like I said I am at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

Hi Roisin Looks Like Ive Got The Same Problem,baffled Me As Well.
Ive Also Got No Signal Strength,but Line In Is Ok As Ive Just Changed The Box Over From A Working Box.
It Would Be Nice To Find Out Whats Up If Any One Knows ????
Thanks.... :)

looks like your net id needs to be loaded using the funcard method,as your net id is ***** default,have a go with this to set net id and pin...
There seems to be a problem or the providers are no longer srteaming the software for the 4001,which contains the net ID and loader.
Also your loader chip may be faulty,the cc are testing variuos methods..
I had similiar problem with 4001.
also try holding Ch up button while booting,but with the net id showing ***** it seems too be gone from the stb and you need to get it back on the stb..
There are other more up to date net id setters for 2110 and 2100c and so on..

Last edited:
Thanx Cob_ob, am in work right now but will get on it l8r... Will let u know how i get on. Cheers

No joy... It has set the net id but still staying on tune. Even with the net id if i do a force boot i only get channel 0. It won't let me do a force update either. I had a look at the eng menu to compare with another working box and noticed that in the DVB Demon page the tuner agc was 29% and IF agc was 62% compared with a working box which read 89% and 92%. Also on the downstraem page i got 49 and 51% compared with 68% & 76%. Dunno what this means i hope someone can let me know. Also the real time clock is still showing sunday 6th june 1980.

I have a spare box that i can use for bits and pieces so if someone has any suggestions as to what could be tried or anything i'll be glad to listen. Cob_ob mentioned the loader chip, can this be used from another box like? if yes can u tell me where it is and i can replace it. Heres hoping....Thanx in advance....

Got it going m8, turns out i fucked up going thru the stuck in tune appendix b...lol, how stupid am i, i only replaced 5 of the six capicitors. Well anyways big thanks to TBC for the guide and information.

Soon as i fixed my error (lol) the boxed picked up the net id immediately. I reset the freq and symbol rate as stated in the guide and restarted the box into the eng menu. Went straight to the downstream page and waited, took about four or five mins but hey presto, all of a sudden the tuner locked and the db went from 3 to 20, same on upstream page tuner locked and db went from -60 to 30. Restarted box again and off it went, 100% working. So big thank you to TBC, and a kick up the arse for me to me more careful in future.

Back