3G USB Nodem help urgently

graemewh

Inactive User
Reaction score
my girlfriend got the usb modem from 3 mobile plugged it into my laptop it installed etc fine, I then borrowed her an older laptop it installed and worked but was very very slow, so we tried it again on the quick laptop, this time it seems there is aproblem when installing the hardware wizard keeps coming up?? Iv ebeen told aproblem with the drivers not copying but havent aclue what to do and she needs the internet for her work at home! help would greatly be appreciated,

If you already installed the connection software on your laptop to begin with I don't see why you'd need to install it again. When the hardware wizard keeps coming up just click Cancel. Is the connection software currently installed on your laptop?

The user manual says:

How to judge whether the 3 USB modem has been installed correctly?

After installing the 3 USB Modem, three devices are displayed in the device management, namely, the "HUAWEI Mobile Connect-3G Modem" , the "HUAWEI Mass storage USB Device" and the "HUAWEI Mobile Connect-3G PC UI Interface".

Check whether these three devices are installed correctly at first. If a yellow exclamatory mark or other signs appear in front of the devices, it means that the 3 USB Modem has not been installed correctly, and you must retry.

Last edited:
Back