3 year old suspected kidnap

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Toddler 'abducted' during holiday
Madeleine McCann
Madeleine disappeared while her parents were at a nearby restaurant
Sniffer dogs have been brought in to help search for a three-year-old from Britain who may have been abducted on holiday with her family in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann's parents, from Leicestershire, were at a restaurant near the Mark Warner Ocean Summer Club in Praia da Luz when she went missing.

Kate and Gerry McCann returned at about 2145 GMT to find an empty bed and the apartment door and window wide open.

The apartment has been cordoned off and local people are helping with a search.

'Devoted family'

Gill Renwick, a friend of the family, said Madeleine's parents - both doctors - had been having a meal in a tapas restaurant a few hundred yards from the apartment and had been checking on the little girl and her younger brother and sister (two-year-old twins) every half hour.

"They're a devoted family and love their children to bits. They live for their children."

Madeleine was reported missing at about 2200 BST on Thursday and tourists joined the police in an all-night search.

McCann family
The McCann family had been holidaying with a larger group

Her aunt Trish Cameron, who lives in Glasgow, said she felt certain her niece had been abducted.

"They last checked at half past nine and they were all sound asleep, sleeping, windows shut, shutters shut.

"Kate went back at 10 o'clock to check. The front door was lying open, the window had been tampered with, the shutters had been jemmied open or whatever you call it and Madeleine was missing...

"She's an absolutely beautiful, wee blonde girl, blue-green eyes - one distinguishing feature is that one of her pupils runs into the iris of her right eyes. She's an absolutely gorgeous wee girl."

She added: "We feel that what's been going on in Portugal has been ineffectual.

"My brother and sister-in-law are absolutely distraught."

But the manager of the Mark Warner resort in Portugal, John Hill, said about 60 staff and guests at the complex had searched until 0430 GMT while police notified border police, Spanish police and airports.

Officers sealed off the area of the apartment for forensic checks and extra police teams were brought in from Lisbon.

'Sensitive case'

"As you can imagine Madeleine's parents are distraught and not doing very well at all," Mr Hill said.

"It's still questionable as to whether it's abduction," he said.

"We are hoping that Madeleine is found as soon as possible and safe and well."

Map of Praia da Luz

The holiday firm has offered to fly other family members out to the resort.

A spokeswoman from the Portuguese police said they were being careful with the information being released.

"It is a sensitive case, it involves a child and we cannot give more information for now."

The British Embassy confirmed it had been informed about the toddler's disappearance.

The family was on holiday with a group of nine adults and eight children.

The toddler's father is a consultant cardiologist at Leicester's Glenfield Hospital.

Doug Skehan, another consultant cardiologist there, said: "(Dr McGann) is a popular hard working colleague, for whom we have great affection.

"The mood in the hospital is one of great concern and we hope that Kate and Gerry will have their daughter back very soon."

just heard this on the radio in car.

i hope they find her, and hope nothing evil has happened to her, there are some real sick people about.

'Devoted family'

Gill Renwick, a friend of the family, said Madeleine's parents - both doctors - had been having a meal in a tapas restaurant a few hundred yards from the apartment and had been checking on the little girl and her younger brother and sister (two-year-old twins) every half hour.

sorry to say but this part gets to me
devoted familey even if only a few hundred yards you dont do it

Sorry but who would leave twin 2 year on their own, I thought that was a criminal offence, as for being a devoted familly?

Tourists just want to avoid these countrys all together its disgusting
I have a 5 year old boy with bleach blonde hair and it made me sick the
way the turkish men were trying to play with him and the attention
he got ( not portugal i know but simular ) there was other dark children at the resort who played happy with no one approaching them. I fear for this little girl my fingers are crossed for her saftey but it,s not like this a one off never ever leave children alone even for a second is all anyone can do are avoid child sex trade country,s full stop.

Last edited:
think theres going to be a twist to this story , just dont add up this story

a parents worst nightmare shame on em though for leaving them alone disgusting.

for the childrens sake i hope they return safe and sound

makes me sick to think of what some people are capable, i just hope and pray they're ok

somethink deffo not right there the way its come out. and the complex so child freindly they said on the news they must have a nanny service. and who in the right mind leaves babies on there own cos thats all they are ... hope it all ends ok for that little girls sake hope she's found safe and sound ....

makes me sick to think of what some people are capable, i just hope and pray they're ok

just like say only the 3 year old girl is missing the twins wernt taken been watching it on the news the window was on the bottom floor someones broken the shutters and opened the window what the doing by them selfs at that age I dont know the parents had a chance to leave them in the hotel child play area aswell but choose not too what the heck and this is a doctor educated folk with no common sense it looks like you cant help feeling there pain though.

My prayers go out to them, but I've got to ask myself why did they leave 3 young kids alone in the room?

i know its a holiday, but being doctors, surely they could have payed someone to babysiit!!!! wouldnt have hurt their pocket.

A few people on this thread are blaming the holiday resort i.e. Portigale. In my mind it could have happened anywhere, the rule has got to be don't leave your kids unattended.

Personally I think that there is something fishy here these are 2 well educated adults in health care how could they do this unless it was diliberate?

I hope they find the kiddy safe and sound.

Then when they return to the uk the parents should be arrested and charged with child abandonment.

Your not allowed to leave your young children unattended in the uk, it shouldn't be allowed when your on holiday either.

I don't blame the resort that lays on the shoulders of the parents.

I would never leave my kids alone, I live about 200 yds from a shop and have on several ocassions been gasping for a fag and never even thought of running up to shop when no one was here to watch the kids.

Whether they were right or wrong for leaving the child (wrong IMHO) I hope they find the child.

I think that we all hope that the child is found OK, and pray to what ever deites that we beleive in that is the case.

But however it comes out these are parents that the rest of of should look to and they have failed on a homunous level and should be punished on the same level

Back