3 weeks and counting for another petrol hike !

MikeS

Inactive User
Reaction score
well in another 3 weeks there will be the yearly rise in petrol prices based on inflation

add another 5p on the price of a litre of petrol along with the £15 hike in road tax a yr

you know petrol has had 3 separate tax hikes in the space of 12 months

and from april 2010 there will be a mandatory inflatory rise of 1% above inflation until 2013, inflation atm is sitting around 3.5%

in the space of 18 months we have been charged 6p more for a litre of petrol [oct 2007]

oil is sitting at $80 a barrel, if peaked like it did a few years ago we be paying over £1.35 a litre based on the fact we pay 72% tax on a £1 of petrol

Thanks for the early heads up m8.

yep ive been stocking up on my cooking oil for the summer months to put in the oil burner, £12 for 5 gallons with no loss in power is a bargain in comparison to diesel - but the temp has to be much higher than this otherwise it will kill my injectors.

There is something you could do to help try and reduce the cost of fuel, that is sign a petition that I highlighted in my post "We Are All Being ROBBED !!! " posted on the 27th February.
It is a petition to the Government to reduce a Stealth tax added to fuel when VAT was reduced to 15% but was kept when the VAT was increased back up to 17.5%.
Have a read and then sign please.

the best about it is we sit back and accept all this crap but for example the frogs ond the yanks would not accept it there would be civil disturbance

the gutless brits !!!!

There is something you could do to help try and reduce the cost of fuel, that is sign a petition that I highlighted in my post "We Are All Being ROBBED !!! " posted on the 27th February.
It is a petition to the Government to reduce a Stealth tax added to fuel when VAT was reduced to 15% but was kept when the VAT was increased back up to 17.5%.
Have a read and then sign please.

complete waste of time m8 the debt in this country is so great it falls on deaf ears all these politicians are interested in is lining their own pockets

complete waste of time m8 the debt in this country is so great it falls on deaf ears all these politicians are interested in is lining their own pockets

Unfortunately it is this type of attitude that makes it a waste of time, because unless people like your self take time out to support these causes then they will fall on deaf ears - it's called apathy.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm having a go at you, but things like this petition need support to make those involved notice.

you tell me m8 how many of these campaigns have worked ?? none !!! it would not matter how many people signed it it would change nothing !!!

it is called broken britain for a reason

no1 gives a shite about anything other than themselves and family

why should they when half the country is full of immigrants

you tell me m8 how many of these campaigns have worked ?? none !!! it would not matter how many people signed it it would change nothing !!!

There is one very recent one that worked regarding the wider German made caravans not being allowed to be towed on Britains roads unless towed by vehicles over 3500 klw.
As of April and thanks partly to one of these petitions the caravans can now be towed by ordinary 4x4s, bringing the driving law in line with the rest of Europe.
So they do work !!!!!

it is called broken britain for a reason

Get a grip!!!
broken britain?? tell me ephidor, when do you think britain was great, and why?
The reason its called 'broken britain' is media outlets realized it can canvas many stories, and its a good example of alliteration.
its politics, something will always need attention.

Moaning bastard.

dont like it, **** off. or better yet do something about it.

Get a grip!!!
broken britain?? tell me ephidor, when do you think britain was great, and why?
The reason its called 'broken britain' is media outlets realized it can canvas many stories, and its a good example of alliteration.
its politics, something will always need attention.

Lol, I've omitted the last two lines, but you've hit the nail on the head there. :Clap:

the best about it is we sit back and accept all this crap but for example the frogs ond the yanks would not accept it there would be civil disturbance

the gutless brits !!!!

My brother just got back from the States and he told me a cracker that proves your very point.
The people he was staying with were prepared to travel 12miles to get petrol as their normal garage was 3 cents more expensive.
He pointed out to them that they consume more than they actually save but they made it clear that if the garage does it once they will easily do it again.
By the time he left the garage had dropped its price and there was no protests or people with banners at the garage.

@ephidor
This country is in recession like many other countrys and times are hard for some people but its far from broken.
The amount of negative posts on DW recently about this country and immigrants is fookin laughable.
Take a look around your house or the car in your driveway, is your life really that bad.
I am thankful for everything i have as 4 years ago i had nothing as i went through a bad patch in my life through ill health and times were really hard.

I was lucky as i have a great loving family who helped me but it also made me aware that this country aint finished and there are some good people out there.
The first person to help me was Mr Singh or Bob who owns the local kebab shop.
I have been going to his shop for years and we got talking one night and i told him i was unemployed and he asked if i would like to do deliveries for him full time 6 nights each week.
I worked there for a year with Bob and his two sons who were at college and his oldest son got me into computers and suggested that i go to college.
He helped me in every way he could and i consider his family as close personal friends.
By some of the posts recently on DW they would be regarded as evil immigrants who are here to sponge off us and rape the system.!!

My message is clear to those members.
You are all talking utter bollocks and maybe its time to get a f****** grip of yourselves.
This country is not broke and if you do some basic research you will find out that immigrants have preserved some industry and even invented some.
If your not happy then grow a pair of balls and change your life and do something about it as the immigrant argument is wearing thin.
If you dont like it then maybe its you that should consider going to another country or take the easy option and vote for the Natzi party,,sorry a meant the BNP.

I await the usual suspects to jump all over my post.:proud:

Lol, enter usual suspect!

Great post hoppy. People who talk about 'Broken Britain' are either very young or have very short memories. :Clap:

blah blah

i am a fucking loser cos i speak out about what a fucking shite hole this country is

come and spend a week in inner birmingham amongst the kebab eating somalians kretin

My brother just got back from the States and he told me a cracker that proves your very point.
The people he was staying with were prepared to travel 12miles to get petrol as their normal garage was 3 cents more expensive.
He pointed out to them that they consume more than they actually save but they made it clear that if the garage does it once they will easily do it again.
By the time he left the garage had dropped its price and there was no protests or people with banners at the garage.

This was tried at the last couple of fuel increases and as per usual the logic went out the window because the company cars and lorries always seem to use the top companies like ESSO etc so as the smaller garages have to lower there prices. Unbelievably non company car drivers will still fuel up at these garages out of routine and not look at the price of the other garage even if it is only across the road from them.

Heard people complaining this morning just paid £1.15 a liter to fuel up and this is before the budget.

Oil down by $50 a Barrel and fuel increases what a profit making scam.

Think I'll have to fly on crisp n dry in my car only joking runs well on veg oil

yep ive been stocking up on my cooking oil for the summer months to put in the oil burner, £12 for 5 gallons with no loss in power is a bargain in comparison to diesel - but the temp has to be much higher than this otherwise it will kill my injectors.

What engine you got mate?

I've used SVO in my CDTI ASTRA 1.7 and it ran perfectly, it has a BOSCH fuel pump and AFAIK these are the best, but allegedly if I continue using it in a Common Rail engine I'm heading for major trouble. :(

Where do you buy oil @ £12 for 5 Gal. ?

This was tried at the last couple of fuel increases and as per usual the logic went out the window because the company cars and lorries always seem to use the top companies like ESSO etc so as the smaller garages have to lower there prices. Unbelievably non company car drivers will still fuel up at these garages out of routine and not look at the price of the other garage even if it is only across the road from them.

Heard people complaining this morning just paid £1.15 a liter to fuel up and this is before the budget.

Oil down by $50 a Barrel and fuel increases what a profit making scam.

Think I'll have to fly on crisp n dry in my car only joking runs well on veg oil

Good point, a suppose if they have a fuel card then they wont really give a shit.
A think we should all try out the veg oil plan.

[A think we should all try out the veg oil plan.

You might already be mate.

Dunno if you've noticed but some pumps are already serving a biofuel mixture. I filled up at Morrisons (I think) and it said the fuel was 8% bio.

Back