3 mobile

malcb

Inactive User
Reaction score
i had my mobile returned to me after being repaired by 3 last friday, since that day i have had an issue with low signal and calls dropping.
i contacted tech support who said it could be the sim card and he ordered me a new card which was expected today, postman has been and no sim card.

i am disabled and the mobile is my lifeline when i am out, last night i was out in my car and became ill so pulled over and tried to contact my partner, my phone had a message on it saying sim registration failed, i was unable to make any calls and had to flag down another motorist and ask them to contact my partner.

when i got home i phoned 3 tech support who told me the sim has been blocked as a new one has been sent to me, as i told him i have not received the new sim and wanted the old sim reactivated he said he could not do that. i explained my problem and that i need a working phone and he just replied he could do nothing.

this morning i contacted 3 again and told them i wanted to cancel my contract with them and the reason why, all they kept saying is please wait another day and as a goodwill gesture will credit my account with £5.
the way i see it is they are breaking the t & c for not supplying the service i pay for, they never informed me that the sim would be deactivated and for that reason i should be able to cancel the contract without any fee.

having no working mobile means i am stuck at home, now waiting for a call back from 3

mate send it back to them for repair...... if they attempt repairs on the same fault 3 times then they have to give you a new phone............just dont take no for an answer

ask to speak to someone in authority in the uk,and keep on at them.sister and niece had same probs with signal and in the end got there contracts cancelled early

you've probably read it from me before but 3 is by far the worse network... shit reception, shit customer service etc.. better off paying slightly more in my experience and joining O2 or Orange....

I think it depends what area you are in. My mate is on O2 and we both get a good signal here in Stoke the difference comes when we are at work in a distribution centre I get 3-4 bars signal with 3G and he only gets a couple of bars with no 3G. We both own iPhone 3G's.

As for customer service, my old SE K something broke a couple of years back and I just took it to a 3 shop, got offered a basic phone to cover while it was being repaired and got it back in 3 days and couldn't fault them. I'd even voided the warranty by unlocking and flashing it. I've never spoke to them on the phone though so can't comment about it.

Last edited:
Back