3 Derby men charged with fraud (Virgin)

Surely you mean wizardsatellite?

NO

Id agree with that,Theres NO WAY IT IS CONNECTED TO OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH ****** .

******* do not import ANY BOXES AT ALL thats a FACT.

Wizardsatellite is surely the one that is meant, NOT ******* the FORUM.

As UKBOB said surely you mean wizardsatellite ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Id agree with that,Theres NO WAY IT IS CONNECTED TO OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH ****** .

******* do not import ANY BOXES AT ALL thats a FACT.

Wizardsatellite is surely the one that is meant, NOT *******s the FORUM.

As UKBOB said surely you mean wizardsatellite ???

you not advertising other forums are you lol

you not advertising other forums are you lol

Pmfsl no im not, im just pointing out that i believe someone has made a huge mistake in naming WM as the importer of SV units, when in fact it is definately NOT them.

Calm down peeps, i'm sure the police aren't takeing these rumours litterally. ;) lol

And who the hell runs a server from their home in Derby.

I cant see where else they could run it from whether its derby or somewhere else in the uk, cant exactly fully run a uk cable cardshare from japan mate but they obviously did,nt take precautions,think they might be wondering now if their cellmate will take precautions ha :banana:

And you cant even ask about those boxes on Wizardmods as it does,nt seem to be allowed so it cant possibly have anything to do with them.

Last edited:
I cant see where else they could run it from whether its derby or somewhere else in the uk, cant exactly fully run a uk cable cardshare from japan mate but they obviously did,nt take precautions,think they might be wondering now if their cellmate will take precautions ha :banana:

And you cant even ask about those boxes on Wizardmods as it does,nt seem to be allowed so it cant possibly have anything to do with them.

You can have a server anywhere in the world, geographics has nothing to do with it.

@Bob, want to back up your comment about NO? Rather than a one word answer. Why are these boxes not legal? They are FTA boxes that work with linux or something. So unless they are flashed to receive the CS signal, how can they be illegal?

Cant really comment on wizsat or wizmods, just wrote what was in the thread. Perhaps it was wizsat.

You can have a server anywhere in the world, geographics has nothing to do with it.

@Bob, want to back up your comment about NO? Rather than a one word answer. Why are these boxes not legal? They are FTA boxes that work with linux or something. So unless they are flashed to receive the CS signal, how can they be illegal?

Cant really comment on wizsat or wizmods, just wrote what was in the thread. Perhaps it was wizsat.

I answered your earlier question "And are the three people associated to said forum?

Hence the one word answer..

So your NO answer was to it being wizardmods, and not the boxes being legal until flashed?

Yes, it was to it being said forum..

As for the boxes being legal in the unflashed state, doesn't the fact they have cable tuners in..and cable feed can only be inserted into official boxes have anything to do with it..
So watching FTA channels would still need cable feed inserted..illegal in vm eyes
stop me if i've lost the plot..

EDIT: I suppose they're legal if unflashed and not plugged in lol..

Last edited:

Geographics does have something to do with it, yes you can have a server anywhere in the world but 1 thing you cant do is take a starview 7 to australia for talking sake and share it can you.

You mention derby being silly but what other area in the uk would you recommend.

Think about it!

Yes, it was to it being said forum..

As for the boxes being legal in the unflashed state, doesn't the fact they have cable tuners in..and cable feed can only be inserted into official boxes have anything to do with it..
So watching FTA channels would still need cable feed inserted..illegal in vm eyes
stop me if i've lost the plot..

EDIT: I suppose they're legal if unflashed and not plugged in lol..

So your logic is that as it has a cable tuner, and requires a coax feed, then they are illegal? Your mad!

On that logic, the cable feed that is left when you remove a box, would be illegal, or when you cancel your sub and are left with a box, that allows FTA, then thats illegal?

You can acutally plug the coax into the back of the tv, and pick up FTA channels. Or is that illegal too?

The boxes wont give you anything until they are flashed, so I dont see how they can be illegal. They are freeview boxes that use the coax cable. Same as plugging it into the back of the tv.

Im sure in time, we will find out the truth of this matter, and it will come out that they were indeed selling flashed boxes.

So your logic is that as it has a cable tuner, and requires a coax feed, then they are illegal? Your mad!.

No... and your misquoting...

i said the cable feed should only be plugged into an official box..
Its against there tos to plug in any other...
who rattled your cage?

"On that logic, the cable feed that is left when you remove a box, would be illegal, or when you cancel your sub and are left with a box, that allows FTA, then thats illegal?"

That would be an official vm box... how on earth can that be illegal.. vm allow that.

Last edited:
On that logic, the cable feed that is left when you remove a box, would be illegal, or when you cancel your sub and are left with a box, that allows FTA, then thats illegal?

Of course its illegal all virmins boxes are owned by them so its illegal to watch even fta on them whether they left it or whether you found 1 in a skip!!

You can acutally plug the coax into the back of the tv, and pick up FTA channels. Or is that illegal too?

Thats also still illegal as unless you are paying at least a basic subscription you would still be stealing vm services.

You need to remember the differences here between illegal and 'Against VM's terms and conditions'. Breaking terms and conditions does NOT, in itself, make something illegal !

Although it may be agains't vm's conditions to plug a third party box into a cable outlet it certainly is not illegal. It only becomes illegal when said box is modified in such a way that it circumvents VM's normal security system.

If you've signed up to VM's terms & conditions then VM may be able to prosecute you for a breach of contract (in a civil court) if your found to be using 3rd part equipment on your connection but its doubtful that they could criminally prosecute unless they could prove you had modified the equipment to circumvent security.

You need to remember the differences here between illegal and 'Against VM's terms and conditions'. Breaking terms and conditions does NOT, in itself, make something illegal !

Although it may be agains't vm's conditions to plug a third party box into a cable outlet it certainly is not illegal. It only becomes illegal when said box is modified in such a way that it circumvents VM's normal security system.

If you've signed up to VM's terms & conditions then VM may be able to prosecute you for a breach of contract (in a civil court) if your found to be using 3rd part equipment on your connection but its doubtful that they could criminally prosecute unless they could prove you had modified the equipment to circumvent security.

Absolutely nozzer mate. They aint called FTA channels for no reason. lol

Free to air is when the broadcaster has permission from the channel or is under licencing and distribution terms to transmit channel without copy protection

Free to view is when they are broadcast in the clear for anyone to pick up if they can.

The former is free as a forced obligation to adhere to the licencing terms and the latter is broadcast in the clear for open DVB services to pick up, the cable network is closed

It can and has been done mate. From what I have read you need one of the older type box's to get the rsa key. So if you have a newer type box I believe you are kind of stuffed for CS using Dreambox or dbox. CoolGuy did actually talk about this a couple of months ago........The big difference here is that 1. There is not going to be a spoon-feeding type guide (Think everyone learned from what happened to Novice Angle from the shack days) and No. 2. Most people have the newer type box's where extracting the rsa key is proving a bit more problematic.

** Disclaimer - I do not CS cable I have a brand new type cable box. I have no in depth knowledge as I get what I need from other means. So no point in PM'ing me as I cant offer any real help.

I have an old Pace 4000 if anyone wants it

Not sure if it work similar to satellite, but if these boxes didnt have a cline/ccam then they are pretty much useless for receiving payed for channels. It does look like this story has been tarted up a bit to make it sound alot worse than it is. Surely if they were that bothered they could just look on ebay and force ebay to stop selling the boxes.

Back