2TB Internal HDD £105

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
2 Terabyte (2TB) Hitachi 7K2000, 32MB SATA

The Deskstar 7K2000 hard drive delivers a colossal two terabytes of storage capacity and 7200 RPM performance in a standard 3.5-inch form factor. Now in its fourth-generation, the 7K2000 is based on a robust mechanical design that continues to set the industry standard for quality and reliability. Through a patented ramp load/unload design, data heads are moved to a ramp away from the disk where they rest during periods of inactivity. This greatly minimizes the risk of shock damage by eliminating direct contact between the heads and disks, reducing wear and heat while improving overall drive reliability and power efficiency. The Deskstar 7K2000 also incorporates Thermal Fly-Height Control (TFC) technology which uses an integrated heating element to precisely maintain a constant fly-height throughout read and write operations to enhance overall data integrity, drive performance and reliability.

Features
- Product description Hitachi Deskstar 7K2000 - hard drive - 2 TB - SATA-300- Type Hard drive - internal
- Form factor 3.5" x 1/3H
- Dimensions (wxdxh) 10.2 cm x 14.6 cm x 2.6 cm
- Weight 0.74 kg
- Capacity 2 TB
- Interface type Serial ATA-300
- Data transfer rate 1700 MBps
- Average seek time 8.2 ms
- Spindle speed 7200 rpm
- Buffer size 32 MB
- Microsoft certification Compatible with Windows 7

LINKY

Sorry, they may be better, but would never trust a 'deathstar' with my data again :(

good price though, but alas aria sucks for customer service and returns, had a few dealings with them.

Sorry, they may be better, but would never trust a 'deathstar' with my data again :(

good price though, but alas aria sucks for customer service and returns, had a few dealings with them.

Have to agree with you on the aria part.

Bought something off them for £150, proved it was not fit as sold for, and they said i could return it with a 25% handling fee ............

I sent an email to them saying i wasnt happy with that deal, guess they wasnt happy either, they never replied.

They have lost my custom, all the stuff i normally order through work from them, a couple of my friends wont be using them again, and i WONT be recommending them to anyone again...

sorry rant over :p

opps forgot, nice find on the drive though , but im waiting to be able to afford 2 SSD drives to raid them :)

warlord

I've been to Aria a few times, never has a problem with them ether on the counter or by mail order, and never been charged a re-stocking fee. But I still prefer Micro Direct.

The only price I could fine for that 2Tb drive at Aria was £115.15 (must have gone up overnight, typical Aria), the same drive at Micro Direct is £128.06 but the postage is cheaper at Microdirect so it's swings and roundabouts.

But you can get 2 x 1Tb seagate hard drives chaper than 1 x 2Tb Hitachi.

It is rather hard trusting a 1TB drive let alone a 2TB drive.
I decided to buy 2x1tb WD Blacks instead of 1x2tb. Cost £144 but best to be safe than sorry.

My M8 give a deathstar 120gig with some stuff on it copied the data to my drive. Then i put some data on it for him went his house an hour later plugged in it was dead.

Same thing happened to me about six months ago with a 750 gig deathstar only had about three months.

For the extra money go for WD DRIVES

My M8 give a deathstar 120gig with some stuff on it copied the data to my drive. Then i put some data on it for him went his house an hour later plugged in it was dead.

Same thing happened to me about six months ago with a 750 gig deathstar only had about three months.

For the extra money go for WD DRIVES

This was years ago wasn't it? All drive manufacturers go through a bad patch, didn't Seagate drives start dying last year? But I've got 2 500gb Seagate 7200.11 drives and 2 1.5tb 7200.11 drives in my home PC and touch wood they're still working fine.

Have to agree about the 'that's a huge amount of data to lose' quotes though, backing up what I have on my main drives can quickly turn into a tiresome chore.

Back