250 hyper terminal problem

gentlex

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guy help me please i've been trying to do this 250 for 4 dayz now. the first 2 dayz i wasnt getting any respond in hyper terminal it turns out to be the gender bender i got from maplin was crap pick up a male / female db9 today and this what im getting now some strange, stuff help me help me please

B}ó?49Að
100000010ó4600100pp
.ù.....ù....
Decï}preóÿed lengôh: 31ô>09ð

Exeÿwté~g Imaå 1þ>.

ï×¾ÿÿýú¿ÿÿÿþúºßyÿýú¿¿·¿¿úþ¿ÿry~ûÿ÷¯ú¿ÿ¿ùúÛ}÷ÿÿ¿ûÒúþûó¾¿÷ûrÙ}m÷÷ÿýú¿¿¯òýÿ¾¿ûòû÷ý
í~÷ÿýú¿¿ò}ÿòºïzöÿÿûÿÿÿÚúöõ¿þéù¿þþîêÿ¿¿¾ûûÿ¾þû¿ÿÿ¿þÿò»¿úòõúíõù÷÷·ýýþ¾ßûûîýÿÿ÷ýú

Reáäénç Perýaîent etôingó ~òÿ} îÿn-vÿlþî.
Chåksum ~r peòíá~å~ô seôýZëÍé ð¨HøCurrent Bt Iýáe : ñ
Zeò
Yåä~
ía+ë^][Òq>w4567~y~
ìeîoth :75
ãòç :e3e1b2uq
To~al Paò

NT Caìlén VacmTesô fr äeâu usersý
NT STAÒTIN THE ü CAL ón}p ôhrÙXV
j*wÉ×åµ
Á¡) - æz/ohed
Creatéîç _~}P agent CPE äiag ágeþt
±±•ò

à þþ þ ‚ ?>*à âÓ*á‚þòúú ¿ ë ¿¿¿óû¿ ¿þ ¿ ý¿¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ _ï
þû ¿ ¿÷¿û¿û¿ûï¿û  ¿ Ï÷ ý¿ ¿ ûûû þ þ þ¿þ ® þ ¿þ þÛ¿ ¿ûû û¿ûûû ¿ ¿ «í^þ
¿ ÷ ßoêêê꿽¯í½ï½ï=ï=ï=ï=ï=ï=ï=ï=ï=ï==ïíý==í= · ooÏßúý>óñtz ·ú÷ï
úú ojjjjjzzznjí==í====================-{OOOKO¹¯êêêêêêêjêj=-{OKKOKKOKOOOKéhøþàøüü
þ¿ þøøø°°°°00 0°ð ¿}ïþ¿þþþ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ú µÛ ý (l ¯iù=
ê½×½ZYõýÏÝ÷ú 0p  ûûµzë Ÿúþï÷ Ÿúþî z ojjjjjêêjíííí=====-================
á===========-{OKOKO*¯êj=í=í=í=í==*=*+
help me helpme please

2 things i can suggest would be double check the connections as this is what i was getting when one of my max232 cables were loose on a 200 and the second unlikely one is to check the baud rate (may be wrong on this name) to the modem for your hyper term. Altho from my experience on other modems its usually a bad connection to the modem hence the garbled text.

PS btw for my fix i just moved the cable to a different possition as the garbled text came out and then eventually it made sence so just move your connections about to check!
paddy

this as random says is eather a physical conection prob or the baud rate is incorect m8

2 things i can suggest would be double check the connections as this is what i was getting when one of my max232 cables were loose on a 200 and the second unlikely one is to check the baud rate (may be wrong on this name) to the modem for your hyper term. Altho from my experience on other modems its usually a bad connection to the modem hence the garbled text.

PS btw for my fix i just moved the cable to a different possition as the garbled text came out and then eventually it made sence so just move your connections about to check!
paddy

spot on m8 it was the connection on modem pin thx. but i think i like it better when i didn't understand geberish and this what is it saying

im still on track or is there a problem with the modem ?

Last edited:
hit p and then it will prob present you with another menu as far as i can remember or ask you for the ip for the board, i've not played with a 250 , but i'll be gettin one off fleabay once i get my stuff sorted.
Damn shifts keep gettin in the way of progress

i did it yeah, this must of age @ lease 20 years hope im 20 years wiser thx guys for your help. 3 o'clock im the morning im doing a modem i really need to get a life.

Hope you don't mind me sharing your thread gentlex but I have a problem with a 250 in hyper as well. This is my first ever and everything is ok until I get to the point of installing the 250hack_dump_telnet.bin. I get timeouts here each time I try. I have followed the tut to the letter, tftpd32 is minimised and the dump has been highlighted and I click ok. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Chookey

server interface is corect in t3tpd32 m8??????

server interface is corect in t3tpd32 m8??????

I wondered about that, in the tut the address in the screenshot is different to mine. I will see if I can change it. Should this be set at 192.168.123.183 as in the screenshot or 192.168.100.10?
Thanks bn3

Chookey

long time since i last did one but it should be set to 192.168.100.10 providing you have alterd your static settings in your network connections on you pc to the same??

Sorry about the delay lads but I was offline due to playing with this modem, I am using it now,working a treat but I have cloned my own subbed 250 as I have had no luck swapping macs for my area. I am attempting to get this working for a mate round the corner from me. If I find another working mac should it work on his pc or is it tied to only mine?
Thanks for your help thus far.

Chookey

as long as the mac is from another ubr then him it will work fine m8

(let me guess ,?? you forgot to set your static address up in network connections???)

glad your sorted

as long as the mac is from another ubr then him it will work fine m8

(let me guess ,?? you forgot to set your static address up in network connections???)

glad your sorted
Cheers bn3, I'm not sure what happened to be honest. I thought when you mentioned the server interface that you meant the address that shows in the window of the tftpd32.exe, that seems to change each time I open it. Anyway when I tried again it worked so I guess I'll never know what I did wrong. I'm glad to have got this far. Cheers m8.

Chookey

that is what i ment m8 ,,,, think it should auto change to the same as you set in connection settings on pc but cant remember now ...oh well never mind sorted all the same ,,, enjoy

Back