24 ending

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
been a fan from the start,and going by the last 3/4 episodes i was expecting a bloodbath with a very unhappy ending

while it wasnt as explosive as i was expecting it felt just right and i was happy with how it ended,

out of all the series and season finalies this year its by far the best ive seen yet,and i watch a lot of us shows

theres a fair few to go yet with rescue me finishing this year(i have high hope for that one)

but overall the end of the 24 show was satisfying

what do the rest of the 24 fans here think-ive a feeling thoses who have been fans from the beggining will like and appreciate it with the ones who got into it late(s3/4) will have been left wanting

OOOOoooooooooooooopppppppssssssss, Sorry my bad :Dunce: :Dunce:

Anyway, 24's been great this season & REALLY great for the last few weeks.
HH.

I thought the ending was very apt....basically it's the end of the regular seasonal deal - I thought it was a nice touch right at the end with the fade out and the clock counting down backwards to zero. Fitting end to the show considering what it's supposed to be. In some respects in sort of reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid 4 ending in a way in that it's a fitting salute in the context of the character and storyline whilst doing a great job of wrapping things up whilst also leaving some threads free to breathe....as we know it's not strictly over yet as they are supposed to be making a movie version of 24 which I imagine will be the end tied up in a pretty bow unless they make movie versions a regular thing....but what we know from last season is that is that Tony Almeida has slinkered away we don't quite know what with him, and what about Audrey Raines from seasons three and six ? All set up for some major 24 movie a year or two down the line. I cannot wait!

But if that doesn't pan out and this turns out to be the end after all then it's a fitting end to one awesome tv show. 24 is, was and always will be A* material in my honest opinion.....now I'm just waiting on the complete blu ray box set. And I'll go Jack Bauer on anyone who tries to stop me from buying it lol! ;)

Last edited:
i was expecting to see Tony at the end to eliminate him.
cant wait for the movie.

i was expecting to see Tony at the end to eliminate him.
cant wait for the movie.

Now that would have been a shock to end all shocks! But at the same time, this is Jack Bauer we are talking about - they ain't going to kill an iconic heroic character like that in any tv show finale. Not even 24 which was famous for it's major character send offs! Michelle Dessler ? David Palmer ? Tony ? ;)

Maybe now that it has finished on sat channels it may come back to terrestrial/freeview as when it first came out however many years ago it was on terrestrial then Sly bought it and not been able to see it since.

Well it was about a good as an end as one could wish for considering we all knew Jack was coming back for the movie unless they based the movie prior to the TV show, maybe his time in Europe which lead up to season 1 or between season 2 and 3 where he goes undercover against a drugs cartel and ends up addicted to drugs.

After the bloodbath of the previous couple of episodes he was good not to see it end in a crazy way.

Anyway, bring on the movie

Those are some interesting points and great ideas for a prequel but in my opinion 24 is meant to be depicting real time progressive 24 hours and obviously time only moves in one direction - as for a movie I don't think they are doing the 24 hour deal but Keifer Sutherland is visibly a good 5 years older than he was from seasons 1-3 and so I'm thinking that the movie if there is one will follow on from the end of season 8 and depending on if there's to be sequels or not then it will wrap up the whole thing in a nice pretty bow and be a major fan service with the characters used. You can bet that Tony will be in. Maybe one or two surprises thrown in. Nina is dead apparently but you never know. I thought Logan was dead before this season and Tony came back from the dead last season.

seen a couple of interviews with cast and crew,and while the movies is losing the real time format,the other filming bits-muti angles/perspectives,clock ect are still to be incorparated,and the first movie(fox are signed up for 2 acording to kieffer) is to be set after the events of day 8 and in europe

the only thing that worries me about the movie is that the filming timeframe seems to be such that it will come out around the same time as die hard 5

I did read it was going to be in Europe as well, most likely will involve russians after him.

Back