2 routers question

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Guys

I have my virgin superhub upstairs and I used to have 3 network plugs 1 upstairs and 2 down for my xbox and dreambox , well this morning both downstairs plugs have blew up!
now my question is can I wirelessly connect my old virgin router to my hub and use the 4 ports on old router to share the connection?

thanks,.

You have the option mate to mate your super hub modem only mode, going to your web address bar and type 192.168.0.1

You have the option mate to mate your super hub modem only mode, going to your web address bar and type 192.168.0.1

but my hub is upstairs and router down?

I'll expand on my answer M8. I don't believe that router can act as a repeater using its own firmware but if you flash it with dd-wrt you should be good to go.

Install DD-Wrt to D-Link DIR-615 - YouTube

I've had a look at my old dir-615 with custom firmware from virginmedia and I couldn't see an option to use it as a repeater so I am guessing you will either need to flash it with stock firmware or use dd-wrt.

yes you can, extend your wifi range on ddwrt routers using repeater bridge mode. This repeater bridge mode only works with ddwrt and not the stock firmware of DIR165D

My setup is similair, I have 2 DIR-615D setup upstairs as repeater bridge routers - so one room I have a desktop and dm500 connected and in another room I have another desktop and xbox connected.

I have the superhub and a dlink dir 615 connected as a repeater so I can confirm it works without flashing to ddrt firmware.

I have the superhub and a dlink dir 615 connected as a repeater so I can confirm it works without flashing to ddrt firmware.

are you sure that is repeater bridge mode .. as far as I am aware the stock firmware of the 615D does not allow the router to be a repeater bridge

The stock firmware on the DIR 615 is not custom. If Steve68003 posts back with clear instructions, well and good.

Otherwise, here is a tutorial on setting a Wireless Repeater Bridge using DD-WRT, ie two routers bridged together wirelessly. Link to the DD-WRT tutorial at the bottom.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back