2.2 rolling out today for unbranded Desires

Well its been 2 days since i updated and all seems well with it, not really noticed any problems.

Been giving chrome-to-phone (also works with firefox) out this morning and works really well.

since the update i've noticed my signal bar has been behaving erratically...

1 bar 4 bars 3 bars 1 bar lol but it seemingly hasnt affected anything while using data etc...

you need the updated co pilot, just install it over the previous cracked version and you dont need the serial or to download any maps

Yeah I have the update m8 but its not that,

The charger I have worked fine in the car pre 2.2 but now when I plug it into the phone it thinks its connected to a pc and takes over the sd card. So no music will play and no apps that are on the sd card as the phone has taken over...

Well pissed off as I only just fecking wired it all in and now its fooked :(((((

Change the usb to charge only then it won't take over SD card.

Tried all that m8, but it seems they have changed some thing because it works perfectly fine with an official charger but not with the one I was using...

m8 hasn't updated and uses my old one fine...

I'm guessing voltage triggers for usb etc...

Note: I have not tried this myself
Thanks to rackhouse from xda for these instructions.
http://liveimage.htc.com/OTA_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.8-1.21.405.2_release4dua3bcrut4wrv30.zip

1. Download the Android 2.2 firmware for the Desire
2. Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
3. Power down your Desire
4. Hold down the “Volume Down” button as you power the phone back on.
5. A screen should appear showing your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down to “recovery” and press the “Power” button.
6. When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
7. From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.”
8. When the screen displays “Install from sdcard complete” select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to power back up.

I have followed the above and get an error... (See attached) my Hboot version is 0.75.0000 and using a 2GB card

All Road have you managed to install it successfully?

please advise if I am missing something.. cheers

Last edited:
Factory data reset is Menu>Settings>Privacy if you need to in the future.

Looking forward to this update 720p video recording will be good & also htc sync allowing the desire to sync with itunes (if you use it).

records in 720p, but has some trouble playing it back.

Guys... been able to update my desire successfully.... very impressed... however why do the homescreen looks different and menu no?t in 3D as shown on some videos in you tube

Was reading something yesterday that it would be towards the end of this month for Orange

Back