1st time modder.....

Hi there,

I have a D2Pro installed (19 wire with a wired in on/off switch) happy with it, but got the 002 error after an upgrade and got dual channel error also having put in a disc that was not what it was meant to be.

So is there any way of getting round the trucha signing/002 error ? and what is the best way to get rid of the dual channel and how is it best to upgrade the firmware with this chip fitted ??

Regards,

Niggly

i havent had this problem at all but im allways installing something but upto now the only game ive had trouble with is wii sports resort which wasnt hard to get working and i believe theres a fixed rip out now so thats prob solved, im hardmoded and softmodded if you get me on the same wii and i do prefer softmod (used wiikey before softmod came out then softmodded) but if your just looking to play games a hard mod is probably the best but if you like or dont mind installing stuff you want softmod in all honesty it's rare a fix is needed to boot games and if you do need to install any fixes it takes less than 30 seconds 90% of the time but i think everyone as there own pros and cons for me its softmod all the way copies,homebrew,usb support and it free hard mod costs and will just play copies and imo most people with a chip end up installing half the homebrew anyway so they can install hbc and play games from usb/sd which isnt far off the full softmod.

most people who hard mod never install homebrew, alot of them dont even know what homebrew is, fact ;)

eniggly, update your d2pro firmware to remove the 002 error, dual channel not 100% but other on here know how to fix that, you shouldnt be updating your wii with ntsc games!!!

Hi,

Thanks PleXo - I tried to upgrade the D2Pro through the JTAG but nothing happens. I heard some guy had luck doing it with the Wii powered up (not meant to have it switched on). I might try that if the upgrade solves a few problems.

My installation doesn't support upgrading the D2Pro via DVD.

As for the dual channel I started another thread asking with regards to having a D2PRo chip installed (no homebrew) and being on firmware v4.0e, no definitive answer yet though.

Niggly

Afternoon chaps, sorry another Question......

just spoke to the guy and he's saying that he might give the softmod option a go, which sounds like good news for him and bad news for me.

Is this a case if using this homebrew thing.....

Sorry if this sounds like a total n00b question like.

do you put a disk in before you play a backup or is it something that appears on the dashboard.....i best do some more reading i guess, shame he hasn't went the chip way plexo mate......

do you put a disk in before you play a backup or is it something that appears on the dashboard.....i best do some more reading i guess, shame he hasn't went the chip way plexo mate......

install a Homebrew Channel then you have a 'backup loader' channel. so easy it's not funny

install a Homebrew Channel then you have a 'backup loader' channel. so easy it's not funny

i don't and have never used a wii, so all the terminology of this "home brew" stuff and channels is really new to me.....just me mates is lying in the sitting room waiting for it's hax...lol

i don't and have never used a wii, so all the terminology of this "home brew" stuff and channels is really new to me.....just me mates is lying in the sitting room waiting for it's hax...lol

have a look at this post mate ive just posted the files you need to installe hbc use the 1st rar i posted that will get you hbc installed and bootmii.
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
if youd prefer him just to have a chip tell him its too much hassle / alot of risks he may then think sod that and have a chip.
really though when yo have the right files its not too much hassle getting it installed

Back