17" tft monitor 0.88p ????

Looks like they have sussed it now. Link takes you to a wireless router that is out of stock. :(

I could have really used a new monitor as well.

course they sussed it, how many folks cant help being greedy and ordering just one, maybe 2 at a push, but anymore.....

I thought the idea was to share the good fortune to ALL members not just the greedy ones who jump in for 3,4 and even 5..

And no I didnt get to order one, hence the reason I am pissed off..

Thanks go to the original poster,

Realistically I dont think anyone would get them anyway... :)

If they had 500 in stock and they each cost them £75 and the actuall price they were selling them for was say £99, the pricing error would mean they would loose £37,500 which I dont think anyone would really honour :) also was it actually a monitor or some sort of kit???

course they sussed it, how many folks cant help being greedy and ordering just one, maybe 2 at a push, but anymore.....

I thought the idea was to share the good fortune to ALL members not just the greedy ones who jump in for 3,4 and even 5..

And no I didnt get to order one, hence the reason I am pissed off..

Thanks go to the original poster,

It's always the same though. People never learn.

First come, first served as far as I'm concerned...

not having a go at you m8
but if we all get one then all win if 2 get 3-4 then only they get a bargain and with that peeps wont post as they will think aint giving just for 2 or 3 when all should benefit

not gonna tell u all how many iv ordered if some people are being flamed for ordering 4 :Clap:

well the ones that ordered more than 1 wont mind selling them to members that couldnt get one for a bargain price

We are sorry to inform you that your order was declined.

Just got that in an email.

Ah bollox!!

"We are sorry but due to a pricing error we cannot fulfill your order for 196 17" Arc monitors, order number 11756. We hope you understand our situation and accept our apologies, as a good will gesture we have enclosed a £5 off coupon on any spend on our site and hope you continue to be a valued customer."

Guys it looks like you should have ordered a few hundred you may have got a free fiver!!!

Only kidding by the way, I never even tried for one, lol.

We don't know whether it was a few people ordering too many, or just the rush of orders that alerted the site. However, people ordering more than they needed did mean that members would have missed out had the orders shipped.

Worth noting that clickable links can be traced... All anyone with access to the webstats would have to do is come to the forum and read the post as its free for all to see.

There was a thread in the freebie section a while ago about putting links in code tags or unselecting 'auto parse' after the owner of a stationary site wondered why he was getting so many free sample requests from DW. BTW that site now only sends out samples that have been made unusable (IIRC they guillotine off a corner or the bottom edge).

Alternatively people could 'hotlink' to price errors and freebies by using an annonymising proxy like http://anonym.to/. For eample http://anonym.to/?http://www.play.com would link to play.com without play knowing that the link came from DW.

@Admin team - There are a few vBulletin hacks that annonymise automatically, but the 2 I looked at where both no longer supported. Also they could affect tracking click throughs on the adverts that guests see. However, another option is to set the default of "Automatically parse links in text" to off.

humm, interseting. if you have an email confirming your order, in the strictest sense of the law, they can not back out. the email constitutes a contract to sell. just the same as in a shop, if the store agrees to a sale they have to go through with it. bit cheeky to push the point though lol.

humm, interseting. if you have an email confirming your order, in the strictest sense of the law, they can not back out. the email constitutes a contract to sell. just the same as in a shop, if the store agrees to a sale they have to go through with it. bit cheeky to push the point though lol.

Since Kodak's £100 digital camera fiasco in 2002 and the Argos £0.49 TV cancellation backlash in '05, most online stores changed their T&C's to include a disclaimer similar to the above or state that the contract of sale doesn't occur until payment is taken or both. You agree to the terms and conditions when you place your 'offer to purchase'.

AFAIK there is no test case to press the matter with the companies. From what I've read distance selling laws seem to concur with the stance that the 'contract of sale' doesn't occur until payment is taken - even then Argos actually took payment for some orders only to promptly cancel and refund. Trading Standards then didn't to lift a finger to help those that complained...

Back