1080p HD LCD TV.

Gunner786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Lookin for a tv as above.

budget is £600.
between 37"-42"
1080p

I know your budget is what it is but for a mere £127 extra and with a 3 year guarantee this tv is head and shoulders above anything else in its class. Give it serious consideration

h**p://www.digitechelectronics.com/model.php?ID=3530

never heard about this site before,
is it reliable?
anyone else bought from here yet?

SONY KDL37S5500 - 37" LCD TV 1080p HD Ready Freeview £589.95 @ Richer Sounds...

i've just bought one myself (arriving tomorrow)
40" Sony Bravia for £780 total
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KDL40W5500U-Widescreen-Freeview-Motionflow/dp/B001RCU7GM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246984399&sr=8-1"]Amazon[/ame]

I think it would be worth you just waiting to build your budget up slightly

Staffordshires post above though is very good also, also available on Amazon for £2 cheaper :)

The 'W' range have been renowned for being extremely good LCD's however. You pay more but I think its worth it.
If you have a Sony Centre near you, sometimes worth popping in and see what they have as they often do free 3 yrs warranty if asked/pushed

Last edited:
actually im gonna go upto 700 quid now.

by the way im seriously considering the sony 40" from amazon w series one.
bu will i get free 3 year gaurantee if i buy from amazon?

Last edited:
Not too sure, but to quote one of the reviews on Amazon....

"Overall a very good TV, touch wood I have not experienced any clouding issues - but if there was Amazon would sort it out - and there even giving you a 3 year warranty and it was £200 cheaper than the Sony centre and Marks & Spencer - probably could get it cheaper - but you would just have to see how the aftersales service was"

So I assume it does :)

scrub that!!!!!

Just noticed this just under the description of the item.....

Selected 26" and above Sony BRAVIA LCD TVs now come with a three year guarantee. Terms & Conditions Apply.

Here are the [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_83412393_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000230973&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=special-node-offers-1&pf_rd_r=0SF9GR2MQ7WZJH7PK8GG&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=467033113&pf_rd_i=B001RCU7GM"]selected TVs[/ame]

So YES it does :Clap:
(Remember to fill in your warranty card)

also cant find any cheap stands which suport upto 40" tv's.

te only one on currys is only taking up 37"

also cant find any cheap stands which suport upto 40" tv's.

te only one on currys is only taking up 37"

check the max weight capability of the stand - it will be fine for a 40" LCD. well within tolerences. up to 37" is a generic guide. there are soem much heavier 37" plasmas around than 40" LCDs

dont sweat it

Last edited:
If you can stretch to the £840 mark then buy the panasonic 42G10 plasma. :eater:

Gunner i bought the Sony 40w5500 back in April & paid £1050 for it then, it is a great set with very good picture quality.

this set is getting cheaper day by day,
gonna hang around another month.
has dropepd like 10 quid in past 1 week

Back