101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die

astrolab

VIP Member (Resident chef)
Reaction score
I found for your British Folks.. a real special book to learn about Whiskey, the best to test, the best to have....
A fun and accessible guide to completing an education in whiskey from a man who knows his hooch.. Mr.Ian Buxton....

Avoiding the deliberately obscure, the ridiculously limited, and the absurdly expensive, whiskey expert Ian Buxton has scoured the shelves of the world's whiskey warehouses to recommend an eclectic selection of old favorites, stellar newcomers, and mystifyingly unknown drams that simply have to be drunk. This witty, focused, and practical guide is not an awards list or a list of the 101 "Best" whiskies in the world in the opinion of some self-appointed whiskey guru. It’s simply a guide to 101 whiskies that enthusiasts really must seek out and try—love them or hate them—to complete their whiskey education. What's more, it's both practical and realistic as it cuts through the clutter, decodes the marketing hype, and gets straight to the point; whether from India or America, Sweden or Ireland, Japan or the hills, glens, and islands of Scotland—here are the 101 whiskies that every whiskey enthusiast needs to try. Sláinte!

I forgot, this Guide is publish by Trafalgar Square ...

Last edited:
I never drink Whiskey, only Whisky.

I'm sure there are plenty of nice Whiskies though, but they don't make any in Scotland.

whiskey is how we spell it in Ireland astrolab, and whisky is how they spell it in Scotland.

nara is being pernickety, or is it pernickty? :err:

I don't know enough about them to make any suggestions. As I said, I only drink whisky.

Astrolab is as far as i am aware an italian who lives in south africa so cut him some slack nara theres a good chap.

I never drink Whiskey, only Whisky.

I'm sure there are plenty of nice Whiskies though, but they don't make any in Scotland.

Hmmm not really called for nara is it could have answered the lad in a civilised manner

Hmmm not really called for nara is it could have answered the lad in a civilised manner

Depends what way you read it Jimmy :) Im sure Nara wasnt being nasty its a jock thing really and any Scot would point out whisky to whiskey differnce.
P.S I like the odd bushmills ;)

I don't know enough about them to make any suggestions. As I said, I only drink whisky.

I know his joke, Evastar....Nara, you should take off your kilt and put on some pants, due when you walk... on your skirt...you get too much cold on your bottom... and Whisky will help.. right?

Astrolab is as far as i am aware an italian who lives in south africa so cut him some slack nara theres a good chap.

Ah, didn't realise. Naughty step for me. :(

My apologies Astrolab. I'm afraid us Scots get a bit prickly when we hear our national drink described as "whiskey".

We also got very upset when you beat us at Rugby. :Cry:

I know his joke, Evastar....Nara, you should take off your kilt and put on some pants, due when you walk... on your skirt...you get too much cold on your bottom... and Whisky will help.. right?

I used to look pretty good in a kilt (but that's another story), and yes, whisky always helps.

Last edited:

Ah, didn't realise. Naughty step for me. :(

My apologies Astrolab. I'm afraid us Scots get a bit prickly when we hear our national drink described as "whiskey".

We also got very upset when you beat us at Rugby. :Cry:
Don't even... worry about it , please...
My friend , if we lose the sense of humor we part die.. so you welcome... even you drink Whisky wearing... your skirt....

QUESTION :
What is the minimum age for Scotch Whisky before it can be sold in the UK?

Back