Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1 cat,£450 quid...and a fence :)

Surely the fact the dog has just mauled a cat is something you might wanna sort in case the next thing it mauls is the 4 year old?

as said above as well, id muzzle it straight away... can buy training muzzles that you can adjust over time. Not worth the risk is it ?
and yes you should tell the lad, we lost TWO cats last year one of which my partner got after our daughter passing away as a little comfort.
We were gutted not knowing what had happened to them, still are.

even if you have a quiet word with the dad and let him decide what to say to his family, its better than keeping stum.

as said above as well, id muzzle it straight away... can buy training muzzles that you can adjust over time. Not worth the risk is it ?
and yes you should tell the lad, we lost TWO cats last year one of which my partner got after our daughter passing away as a little comfort.
We were gutted not knowing what had happened to them, still are.

even if you have a quiet word with the dad and let him decide what to say to his family, its better than keeping stum.

I've just told the the mother about half hour ago,i know it seemed selfish and irresponsible to keep stum all this while,but i thought i was doing it for the right reasons.
I guess after never losing a pet myself i just read it wrong...
As for the training,that will get worked on..

the decision is yours to make tell them dont tell them,aint gona bring the cat back and if the cat come into your garden wot can you do,even if you put a new fence up it aint gona stop a cat from climing it......
the dog is a rescue so you dont know its full past....
my two sbt will chase any thing,im not sure if thay would kill any thing, tho.....

wot about geting a muzile for the dog for when the kid is about,im not a fan of muziles but if thats wot it take....
as for training,that might never work then the training peeps might tell you that it might need to be put down for the safety of otheirs....

wot kind of dog is it you have....

It's a little black mongrel,about a 14ins high...

its not yours or the dogs fault you put up the fence and the dog was kept in its own garden. burt you should tell them they will have figured out somthing has happened but at least they would get closure. wouldnt you want to know if the roles were reversed?

Hi ukbob :) Im a dog owner too and have been for many years

just because the dog attacked a cat that dosent mean it will attack a human

a dog will run after cats birds etc in its own surroundings

what I would do though is take it to the nearest traing center (as I have done with all my dogs) to get them to learn tha basic commands and to interact with other dogs

Im all for rehoming rescue dogs its a great thing to do and the rehoming centre will study the dogs temprement before rehoming

but will never really know the dogs backround

dont feel to bad about this m8

Hi ukbob :) Im a dog owner too and have been for many years

just because the dog attacked a cat that dosent mean it will attack a human

a dog will run after cats birds etc in its own surroundings

what I would do though is take it to the nearest traing center (as I have done with all my dogs) to get them to learn tha basic commands and to interact with other dogs

Im all for rehoming rescue dogs its a great thing to do and the rehoming centre will study the dogs temprement before rehoming

but will never really know the dogs backround

dont feel to bad about this m8

Hi Rat,
I think you summed it up perfectly.
He's a little angel in the company of other dogs,humans etc.. but only in public places.
I've actually seen him try to play with a fox..which was bizarre..
In that respect the rehoming centre (Jerry greens in this case)were right to say he's ok with other animals..
The problems start when he's at home :)
He now has his eye on a robin that keeps hanging about :)

Back