£95,000 Ebay scammer to repay £1

cliffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
A SERIAL fraudster who owes the authorities more than £95,000 after selling bogus items on online auction sites was yesterday ordered to repay just £1 for his latest crimes.

Phillip Shortman, 22 of Taffs Court, Thornhill, Cwmbran, was jailed for 30 months last July after he admitted selling non-existent Six Nations rugby tickets, computer graphics cards, laptops and games consoles via eBay and the classifieds website Gumtree.

seems crime really does pay.

£95,000 eBay fraudster must pay back only £1 (From South Wales Argus)

I AM WEIGHING IT UP OR 90 GRAND or TWO AND A HALF YEAR OF FREEDOM GONE

mmmmmmmmmmmm I think I would take my freedom as you never know when your day is coming he could have been killed in prison are simply couldn't handle it and swung himself like a monkey ?

I AM WEIGHING IT UP OR 90 GRAND or TWO AND A HALF YEAR OF FREEDOM GONE

mmmmmmmmmmmm I think I would take my freedom as you never know when your day is coming he could have been killed in prison are simply couldn't handle it and swung himself like a monkey ?

more like a year at most bud. mayb even the tag after 9 month. theres no way they would have kept him in for even half off that.. so not a bad little money earner. enough to start something up if he saved it but unlucky to the people he done it 2..but payin back a pound. idiots

Might sound bad but if more and more people scammed that much on ebay it would bring the site down good and proper..

Good luck to him.. he played the system and won..

what a joke... no wonder people try these scams when u can literally get away with it....

Thornhill is full of chavs, benefit scroungers, druggies, alcoholics and thugs.

Really p***es me off but the local council keeps throwing money at them. They have good services including doctors surgeries, shops, allotments, community centres and loads of community based events and they still moan about their lot in life. They keep breaking into the doctors surgery and then complain when the doctors say they may have to leave the area. They burn down various parts of it weekly and I know of at least 1 murder having taken place there.

Oh, and £1 takes the micky.

The Great British Justice system once again sets a fine example.

A SERIAL fraudster who owes the authorities more than £95,000 after selling bogus items on online auction sites was yesterday ordered to repay just £1 for his latest crimes.

Phillip Shortman, 22 of Taffs Court, Thornhill, Cwmbran, was jailed for 30 months last July after he admitted selling non-existent Six Nations rugby tickets, computer graphics cards, laptops and games consoles via eBay and the classifieds website Gumtree.

seems crime really does pay.

£95,000 eBay fraudster must pay back only £1 (From South Wales Argus)

well it doesnt take a genius to work who is the winner in this one ,,justice they call it,aye my ass..no wonder the crime and fraud is going up ..i wouldn't of minded that much if it was big companies that could afford it but its not its people like us that are getting ripped of left,right and centre

Yes, now who wants to buy some tickets for the world cup final, i have thousands of them £10 each :)

I'll take 5 tickets for any of the Scotland games mate. ;)

I'll take 5 tickets for any of the Scotland games mate. ;)
it will cost you more than a tenner witchy for that to happen.lol.what we lack on the football pitch we make up for it, in loyalty ambition and stamina,mate the song.. flower of Scotland says it all ..i don't think there is a stronger nation than the Scottish but pity we cant tell the football team that lol

We sing a good tune and we enjoy a laugh (just as well).

Anyway, who's got Scotland tickets?

:Cheers:

This lad has been scamming eBay for years. Pretty sure I saw a program about him at least 3 or 4 year ago, think it might've been that Trevor McDonald thing on ITV? Anyway, as said a pound pay back is a joke. Wonder if he's had the sense to keep the 100k stashed safely!

Last edited:
how the hell did he get away with it as you would think his feedback would put people off thats the first thing i look at before i buy anything

Loads of different accounts I'd imagine.

He would have been put in a low security prison, and as we all know those prisons are just a load of bs, they almost get pampered in there

Back