£75 Refund from Game/Gamestation

Well yeah there is that true, but from that perspective it evens out or at least it will in this case - they took OtherOS out which hardly anyone used and truth be told are only pissed about because their hopes for a hack have either been dashed or are being held at gunpoint essentially - but on the flip side they are about to add 3D support to the PS3 which anyone that ends up with a 3D telly is going to be able to use and that wasn't in to begin with....and there's PS Move if you count that but I don't as that's an add on peripheral and not got much to do with free XMB addition or what have you. So from a feature reduction/addition it will even out. And personally I think more people will use 3D on it when it arrives this summer much more often than they did OtherOS. So I guess it's just one of them things and depends which way you look at it and how far down the line you look I suppose....

you make a good point with the addition of 3DTV. As it does indeed even itself out. I like the idea, however remote of companies trying to reclaim costs from the consumer for extra features that will be added. That as you point out is the exact opposite of what myself and others have been trying to do to these companies. I am definately happier with the 3D capabilities than i'm saddened by the loss of "Other OS".

ok so i had a call from Argos today and they are telling me this.

"After discussing this matter with our legal team we have been assured that as the console was sold as described, we are under no obligation to offer further assistance. We cannot be held responsible for Sony firmware updates"

Now im still not 100% convinced as im no legal expert, so what should I do?

Leave it and just carry on as normal or is there another avenue I can pursue?

Any help will be appreciated.

this is were your argument lies with them. and the reason why game/gamestation are partly refunding for ps3.

the fact that it was sold as described, but no longer functions in the way that it was described at the time of sale.

keep at them, of course they will try and hit you with an answer like this. its the same answer i got from gamestation, when they initially replied to my complaint.

Thanks to this post i received a £75 gift voucher from gamestation on friday :emotions1 I've been trying the same with argos too but they are not having any of it.

Thanks again.

Back