XBMC on andoid tv

It's also duel core not quad core, its using rk3066 processor rather than the rk3188.

It's also duel core not quad core, its using rk3066 processor rather than the rk3188.

Never even noticed that.

I'd pay the extra £20 for what it's worth

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The search continues ;) Im sure there will be the same spec from there for slightly less :) (I know tight @ss)

@Thommo

Have you ever had a problem with firmwaring the cloned MX gboxes? All last night I could add firmwares from either my SD or USB. I try to use the toothpick method and each and every time it boots to the OS and not to the firmware update screen. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
@Thommo

Have you ever had a problem with firmwaring the cloned MX gboxes? All last night I could add firmwares from either my SD or USB. I try to use the toothpick method and each and every time it boots to the OS and not to the firmware update screen. Any ideas? Thanks
I take it you meant to say you couldn't add firmwares
What firmware is it and how big is the sd card you are using and what are the steps you are choosing

I take it you meant to say you couldn't add firmwares
What firmware is it and how big is the sd card you are using and what are the steps you are choosing

Thanks for the reply, and theres nothing worse than problems that just go away :) I decided to use an SD card instead of a USB stick I also swapped a match stick for the cotton bud plastic I was using and its now loading the firmware. What a pain but at least its working :)

Which firmware would you suggest for the gbox midnight 2 (I think its that box its got mx on the top but its a clone)

Thanks again :)

I dont think usb works for flashing
I use the firmware that you get from the attached tut

I use this XBMC
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20131009-makesmarttv_dot_net-mxplayer_fix.apk
Read the first link
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download link
Code:

Attachments

• MX Android Box Flashing Tut.rar
    161.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I dont think usb works for flashing
I use the firmware that you get from the attached tut

I use this XBMC
xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-20131009-makesmarttv_dot_net-mxplayer_fix.apk
Read the first link
Code:

Download link
Code:

Thanks any idea if I can download the raw image files rather than the ipk? As I thought the files need to consist of a recovery.img file and 2 others? Also why does the tut say an sd card bigger than 4gb when the image is sub 1gb? Thanks again :)

Thanks any idea if I can download the raw image files rather than the ipk? As I thought the files need to consist of a recovery.img file and 2 others? Also why does the tut say an sd card bigger than 4gb when the image is sub 1gb? Thanks again :)
The first link is about xbmc with mxplayer fix
the second link is for the xbmc mxplayer fix apk file you install after flashing the box

The tut contains the link to the software to prepare the sdcard and put the image on it,
when it does it is actually just larger than 4gb but the software does not throw an error up it just finishes, so when you flash it, it does not flash correctly
the tut contains the link to the raw image

Last edited:
What firmware do you have at the moment as you could just unistall xbmc and try the one i posted a link to first as it should work ok with the firmware you have on it already

What firmware do you have at the moment as you could just unistall xbmc and try the one i posted a link to first as it should work ok with the firmware you have on it already

too late for that Im in balls deep :) although the tut you shared which had the link to the firmware image doesn't seem to be valid. I googled for another which seems ok but now my box is failing with a mac error. Ive just wiped data so hopefully that'll fix it.

This is the one I used h**ps://mega.co.nz/#!wExHTJgC!XPuoFyhF_S-roTEhsMhQ8BLrfH4R5tXhp2jwaLF_o1M

Keeps coming back with failed to write mac now - any ideas? Thanks

Ive got it working to a degree thanks!! Its playing all be it a little bit laggy (through the external player). Is there a limitation on the external storage you can plug in? As Ive plugged a 1TB drive in with movies on it and xbmc doesn't see it? Thanks

Ive got it working to a degree thanks!! Its playing all be it a little bit laggy (through the external player). Is there a limitation on the external storage you can plug in? As Ive plugged a 1TB drive in with movies on it and xbmc doesn't see it? Thanks
The link to the image in the tut works fine for me (ctrl and click) but you got the right one ;)
Did you set it up to use mx player instead of the default inbuilt xbmc player with as per the " How to install and use" instructions in the link below
Code:
No idea about ext hard drive limitations in xbmc as I am not lucky enough to own a TB one

The link to the image in the tut works fine for me (ctrl and click) but you got the right one ;)
Did you set it up to use mx player instead of the default inbuilt xbmc player with as per the " How to install and use" instructions in the link below
Code:
No idea about ext hard drive limitations in xbmc as I am not lucky enough to own a TB one

Yeah I used the instructions as per the tut, for some reason though I think it might be interfering with the mashup addon. As when I try and launch something from that it just closes XBMC - Navi X is fine though.

As for the external drive, it seems its a power issue as I found here

Yeah I used the instructions as per the tut, for some reason though I think it might be interfering with the mashup addon. As when I try and launch something from that it just closes XBMC - Navi X is fine though.
You can alter the playercore file to tell it to launch xbmc media player to play the files in mashup
Have a look here post 7 and 8
Code:

Has anyone tried using a torrent client direct on these boxes? It would appear to work ok but Im yet to have a go myself.

bought a multi voltage adapter for £9, much better than the original one. Installed Gotham on mine the other day but kept getting script errors and half the repo zips wouldn't install and I had to google them and install individually. Back to beyond 3.4 for me I think. Must say I've had a few hair pulling moments but overall these are damn good, even without xbmc I can still watch movies via showbox and sport using dolphin and flash.

Take notes for when I get one, if I ever get a job again lol....il be looking for pointers hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back