XBMC on andoid tv

@seanicca I went for cs968 the one biffo1 recommended on 20th further up the page, I've only been playing with it for a couple of hours, and spent most of that getting system bar back @installer but it came pre installed with android 4.4.2, beyond xbmc, netfix, and another film channel. It has played all the film formats I've thrown at it flawlessly just using the android players, but i think once i find and setup all the addons on xbmc I'll use that because it looks cool.

So far I'm really impressed with it apart from the remote is rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought i would update on what else i have found out about the droid box, the main thing of interest is that included in the beyondxbmc is the fusion repository zip which has allsorts of goodies, also included is hubwizard. There are some pre installed video channels that don't work at the moment channel1 being one of them because it is being blocked in the uk unless you use the proxy site.

I've just found the install addons list witch seems to have hundreds of add ons, this could take a while setting it up.

Last edited:
I use one of these, beats the shite remotes they send with the boxes hands down.2.4Ghz QWERTY Wireless Mini Keyboard Touchpad for PC Android TV Box Xbox 360 PS3 | eBay

$_12.JPG

Also i wouldnt bother with loads of apps from the repo's as nearly 100% of everything you will ever need comes from mashup and istream, adding too much just clutters it and you end up in and out of the programs all the time when you dont need to.

Just ordered mine. Fingers crossed its here for weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Seannica you won't regret getting one there great, just installed mashup yesterday with is included loads more channels :). @zad it says it will play MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV music formats, i can't comment on full quality blueray rips as i don't have any. It played all formats i use mkv, mp4, xvid rips fine.

@sneaker hopefully. If here by weekend I may even consider staying off the beer

@sneaker hopefully. If here by weekend I may even consider staying off the beer

Don't be crazy sit back, have a beer and enjoy some great telly. Most things you need for these boxes is already installed you just need to learn how to run them for the first time, if you've used xbmc before i'm sure you will already know, what i would recommend as well is
the showbox app that biffo1 mentioned earlier in the thread, if you want it let me know i'll send it you.

@seanica you won't regret getting one there great, just installed mashup yesterday with is included loads more channels :). @zad it says it will play MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV music formats, i can't comment on full quality blueray rips as i don't have any. It played all formats i use mkv, mp4, xvid rips fine.

Cheers, but still need to know if it will decode True HD, DTS etc.. :( can't find any thing!!

Cheers, but still need to know if it will decode True HD, DTS etc.. :( can't find any thing!!

My friend ordered mine for me, because he has an ebay account, i can ask him to email seller if the above is all you need to know.

The Manual for these are pretty much useless, but the box says full HD 1920X1080P it also has an optical out socket so
I would imagine it does dts of at least 5.1 surround.

Last edited:
Just received mine, not really had time to play with it yet. One thing is the power lead as a short cable and foreign adapter, as anyone found an English version that works with the box?

@zad here's an update for you, tried a 15 gig mkv file yesterday it was 1080p and dts, played it no problem off my usb pen.

when it comes to streaming however, i tried a 720p film a couple of days ago and it was buffering badly on my 30 meg internet, so if high quality streaming is needed you are going to need a fast connection.

@zad here's an update for you, tried a 15 gig mkv file yesterday it was 1080p and dts, played it no problem off my usb pen.

when it comes to streaming however, i tried a 720p film a couple of days ago and it was buffering badly on my 30 meg internet, so if high quality streaming is needed you are going to need a fast connection.

more likely to be the source rather then the device unless it was using some weird codec for the encoding which was forcing software rather then hardware decoding.

more likely to be the source rather then the device unless it was using some weird codec for the encoding which was forcing software rather then hardware decoding.

I take it you mean the streaming film site was a bad one i tried. It has played some great looking streams but they very often don't mention quality.

Just looking at these cs968 boxes as the gbox I have is a bit naff. Can anyone tell me - a certain ali website seems to have different types which Im guessing are possibly clones? They claim to have the same chip so would they work just as well? Im not being tight its just I don't mind waiting so rather than paying £50 I'll be paying £30 odd this is the one Im tempted to get

CS968 / TV01 Android TV Box Duad Core Smart TV Receiver Webcam Microphone RK3066 2.0MP 1G/4G HDMI AV USB RJ45 OTG WiFi Mini PC-in Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

What do you think?

Cheers

Just looking at these cs968 boxes as the gbox I have is a bit naff. Can anyone tell me - a certain ali website seems to have different types which Im guessing are possibly clones? They claim to have the same chip so would they work just as well? Im not being tight its just I don't mind waiting so rather than paying £50 I'll be paying £30 odd this is the one Im tempted to get

CS968 / TV01 Android TV Box Duad Core Smart TV Receiver Webcam Microphone RK3066 2.0MP 1G/4G HDMI AV USB RJ45 OTG WiFi Mini PC-in Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

What do you think?

Cheers

That looks exactly like the one I have but mines got 2GB ram and 8GB built in memory

Back