VU+ Solo X Solo Mini/ X SOLO MINI 2/Vu Solo Pro

plugins readily from feeds

seem ok so far

Just got mine there about an hour ago having a play about agree the remotes ok light enogh seems to do the job not as good as the new style vu remote, box seems to handle basic stuff beter than a solo quite happy with it, oh can't seem to get to my recordings got my hdd connected but no button to take me there

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Just got mine there about an hour ago having a play about agree the remotes ok light enogh seems to do the job not as good as the new style vu remote, box seems to handle basic stuff beter than a solo quite happy with it, oh can't seem to get to my recordings got my hdd connected but no button to take me there

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

You should be able to find your way to the through the media centre plugin.

Do the images for these box update?
Do you update,can you update images.

Hi how do you flash the cloud ibox2+ been trying with loads od usb sticks but nothing is happening..am i doing something wrong.
xpeedxl folder to usb..usb in back..turn on power...wait..

Format a USB stick FAT32. (use 4gb or less).
Download your image and extract.
Copy the whole XP1000 folder to root of your USB stick.
Connect to rear USB port and power on VIA CONNECTING THE MAINS POWER (NOT FRONT SWITCH).
Wait for both RED REC LED and LED on front standby button to appear RED then press CH+ on front panel.
Wait for the image to flash, during the procedure the standby button LED will appear purple.
Once complete the Cloud Ibox2 will automatically reboot.

....................................................................................................................................................

This guide worked for me if you follow it to the letter it should for you!
Guide date= 21-02-2014

1) Download Cloud-Ibox2+Plus firmware.
(When download has finished and saved to your Computer you will find a file named OpenPLi-4.0-beta-cloud-ibox-2-plus-20140221_usb.zip.
This folder needs to be unzipped to somewhere on your PC. You will then have a file named xpeedlx.
2) You now need to have a spare USB key (Preferably one with a flashing light on!). This key needs to be cleanly formatted to FAT32 format.(NOTE: I tested numerous keys before getting this to work and would advise that you use a key with <4gb storage capacity!!!)
Copy the whole file over to the Usb key and you will have a file named xpeedlx.
3)Turn off the Cloud-Ibox2+PLUS at the rear of box or un-plug from mains.
4) Plug the Usb key containing the file named xpeedlx into the REAR (this is important) of the Cloud-Ibox2+PLUS receiver.
5) Turn on the mains power.
6) You will see the USB key's light flashing whilst the files are being transfered to your receiver. When the light stops flashing (approx3 minutes in my case) turn the receiver off at the mains again.(NOTE: Front display panel DOES NOT display "DONE" as stated in earlier manufactures guides!!!)
7) Remove the USB key and reinstate the power again.
8) Your Cloud-Ibox2+PLUS will now reboot and after the initial flash screen will jump to your newly installed OpenPLi image.
9) Wait a while while the OpenPLi image starts up and you will be presented with your new image set-up Wizard.
10) Configure your box to how you require it.

thanks Satboxer

Last edited:
format usb fat32> download the Image> copy whole folder to usb >connect usb> turn on via mains >wait for both red rec led on front standby button to appear red then press ch+ on front panel> wait or the image to flash (during the procedure the standy led will appear purple >onced complete the cloud ibox will reboot

that's the guide I got with mine not tryed it yet, and the ftp password is xp1000

have done as above.. usb flashes but the boot screen of existing image comes on so its not seeing usb as it seems to be booting to image..will keep trying as i want ferrets vix image on box.

have done as above.. usb flashes but the boot screen of existing image comes on so its not seeing usb as it seems to be booting to image..will keep trying as i want ferrets vix image on box.

This happens a lot mate these can be temperamental to flash standard flashing instructions are vague.

Look inside the xpeed folder and make sure there is a force file in there. If it says noforce rename it to force.

Then try reflash try the rear and the side usb slot. Note under force conditions the only indication of any flashing is the usb light flashing away, wait till this stops and then remove and reboot.

As above before doing any of this use the HP format tool to format the usb stick.

Great all sorted.used the HP format tool and then it flashed.I have also done the bootloader upgrade and the box is a little zappier now as well..

Great all sorted.used the HP format tool and then it flashed.I have also done the bootloader upgrade and the box is a little zappier now as well..

You got lucky mate a lot of users bricked their boxes using the bootloader that increases the CPU speed as there are 2 kinds of CPU in these boxes you just happen to have the correct one. If you had not then you'd be de-soldering chips again.

No did my research mate...used the one not long been posted..CPU at 751mhz now..

No did my research mate...used the one not long been posted..CPU at 751mhz now..

Hi, what image your using ? is it snappy ? hows the remote ?

i also seen the x mini solo 2 , 750mhz , 512mb ram, 256mb flash which seems good, what receiver images does it take images from ?

remote is okay needs pointing at box to work..but it works.
using Vix Zeus 23.Boot time is a little slow but thats to be expected.with cpu upgraded to 751 box is a little more zappy

Back