Any plumbers around?

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have installed a couple of outside taps for a friend in the past and they have enlisted me to help them again. They have a caravan and would like an outside tap for a pressure washer. All the fittings are speed fit and MDPE pipe (i think). I have never dealt with this before and was wondering the best way of fitting and outside tape.

I am a little unsure of the sizes I am dealing with and was wondering what the best practice (and cheapest) was the way forward? I think 25mm is the smaller of the 2 pipes in the picture.

I thought there may be a t piece that had a tap and 1/2" fixing on , that was wishful thinking though.

I have looked and thought I may be best getting these:

Clamp Saddle Pipe Saddle Polypropylene (PP) Single BSP Outlet 25mm To 63mm MDPE | eBay

Hose Union Bib Tap 1/2" | Toolstation

or;

MDPE Equal Tee 25mm | Toolstation

MDPE Female Elbow 25mm x 1/2" | Toolstation

Hose Union Bib Tap 1/2" | Toolstation

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Attachments

• IMG_5469.jpg
    IMG_5469.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
Afternoon you have 2 sizes of alkathene there 20mm and 25mm, you could tee in to either of those, but how are you going to hang the outside tap, usually they go onto a stake in the floor or on the wall, I'm assuming it's a static caravan,?

Yes it’s static. I can add more pipe after and fit the tap anywhere.

Just wondering what the done things is in this instance.

T piece and adaptor then tap. Or is there a better way?

Thanks

You got to tee in somewhere either on the 20mm pipe or 25mm probably be easier after the stoptap as you can isolate and won't have water shooting out , then get some pipe to a backplate elbow them add your outside tap

Thanks thought that was the case. Thanks for confirmation of the pipe size. Was hoping for a 20mm 25mm 20mm tee, they don’t exist though it seems.

Thanks

They could just use the drain down tap. You can just fit a hozelock connector on them. Also it is not advisable to pressure wash a statics van as you will burst the seem seals.

Thanks for the tip. They will just be using it for the deck and to get the bird crap off the caravan.They won’t be hammering it I don’t think. They need the correct fixings in place, they would not be confident of taking the pipe off and putting it back on.

Back