Vu+ Solo2 Stuck???

if it was a full brick... he couldn't update via usb.. so its not a full brick mate

As an update, I figured out the box was not bricked so I downloaded an older Openvix Apolllo 079 and installed via usb method. Everything went fine and even booted to the vix screen and then box just switched itself off and will not boot up now. The front power button is light up in Orange and I can hear the box churning out some noise but nothing happening or showing on the tv screen or display screen of boxthat if I

if the box is showing the logo.. its not bricked... a brick only shows orange power button and no display... if it hangs at vu solo2 logo its bootloader is good
What is showing?

@moku #6 post stated it was ok at first (blank screen) but then tried another image where it went off and now orange power light only.

If it were me, I would order flash chips anyhow but in mean time still try the recovery method. What options are you stuck on with the modem setup for the serial cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
my v4 box was doing the same.. black screen and vu solo logo on.. i just flashed a older image from vu-hd and its fine now.. 2 days.. numerous reboots... maybe when he was bricked he flashed a image that did that to his box and than he flashed a older image that booted..

Bricked means that the time bomb has run and it has wiped the boot partition and a bit more (for good measure) so the box no longer boots and also can't be reflashed.

So the OP now has a box where there's nothing on the front panel display, nothing appears on the tv as the box isn't even starting the boot sequence and all that happens when you touch the front power button is that it pulses.

Replace the flash ram chip or try and revive it using the other methods that people have mentioned are the only options from what I can see.

I have now ordered the Flash Chip this morning and should get it by Tuesday, then I will get someone eg a mobile phone or of repairer to solder it on for me. I have tried the other suggested method of reflashing a bricked box but get as as configuring a dial up modem then get stuck because I don't have a dial up modem. With Dreambox you only need an IP address for the serial to communicate with your box

I've not read or tried this but isn't the idea to transfer the boot files via the serial port? So you connect your pc/laptop to your box using the supplied serial cable. So for the port settings set it to the highest speed, 8, 1, none.

@moku, are you sure it's asking for modem details and not setting up serial port details? Any chance of a screen shot maybe?

I don't know why it would need modem details but serial port details may need setting up!

As an update I tried the other suggested method of reflashing a bricked box via the hyperterminal route but to no successas boxwas still bricked.

Meanwhile the new flash chip I bought from the eBay seller arrived so I had the damaged flash chip de-soldered and removed and the new chip flash soldered in its place. At this stage I powered up the machine having read on here that Solo2 doesn't require flashing of a bootloader, but again nothing happened to the box just the front power button was lit but machine didnt boot up. I again tried to flash a new clone safe image for a Lonrisun box via the rear USB port but again nothing coming from the box.

Am I following the correct procedure after replacing a flash chip or could some one provide me a step-by-step guide of what to do after replacing a flash chip in a bricked Lonrisun box.

Thanks

Moku was the flash chip a blank chip or was it programmed already when you got this . Meaning if the chip replacement went well your box should bootup on blackhole 2.0.9 image and did seller state this to you .

I,ll take a close up pic of my flash chip on me clone box to show which way it,s sits on the motherboard give me 10 /20 mins i upload a pic for you it might help you out.

Moku have a look at this video i remembered seen this before but it,s not in english and the camera work will make you a bit dizzy.And he has his little helper checking his work :Clap:

But you should find out what you need to know .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All credit goes to poster Simon Diar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dubliner. I have checked with the seller of the flash chip and he confirms that there is a Black Hole image of the new flash chip.

That being the case it should have booted up to a black Hole Image at least but nothing happening. Could this mean that either the chip is not soldered on correctly or the box is bricked beyond resurrection

Hi Dubliner. can you please post the picture of the chip in your clone box to see which way it sits in its slot on the motherboard

Post some clear close pictures of the chip as soldered. We might be able to tell from the pictures what might be wrong.

Just remembered that where the flash chip sits on the circuit board there should be a white dot, this dot signifies pin 1 and there should also be an indent on the chip to signify pin 1. The indent and the white circle should match/line up.

Here is a picture I took of the newly replaced flash chip on the motherboard:

a21fc66384e89234df674dab9da42edc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the wrong way round

Yes im no expert but on outher photos iv saw it looks the outher way round im sure someone will give you the correct answer

Mine looks the same way round, i sent mine to a guy on ebay to do it and its a samsung chip that he put in, it did have a toshiba chip before

Back