UR team no longer supporting TM800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I do not agree
The Qboxhd - Mini Qbox Hd are a huge Laugh. I had them both.
They had the same problems and still behave like all other boxes(F* clones) Like the Azbox and the Vu+ Duo, ...
CCcam reversing = always Tricky and always A veriosn behind, or like the QBox in fact they use something alike which the diabowifi uses.
Oh yeah we have oscam, which is working for some ...
Problems with recording on 2 tuners or even One
Green screen crashing
Corrupt Usb memory
Interlan HD, Too much Heat
They use certain Cpu which is not enough for proper HD or copied/cloned Enigma OS.
and so on...

The fact remains
Dreambox Multimedia is the very best on the market , if you want to pay less and have a go at other boxes. Then do that BUT DO NOT COMPLAIN AFTERWARDS.

I still think/hope on the long run TM Linux receivers will solve its problems but it will take time.

I'm Happy there is a new team or several teams working on the TM linux recievers now ...

Also I would suggest that people stop bitching on Dr linux. I always see very interesting and clear info coming from him.

I have seen and had a quick play with QBox mini HD and recording works fine from 2 tuners to USB. I dont own one, so havent doen any extensive tests but from what I see was working fine with CCCam line in RADAR. Yes the original Qbox was a complete flop...The Mini looks better though.

Everyone apart from Dream uses "copied/cloned Enigma 2 OS" are Dream not the main devleopers of Enigma ? Dream recently put a court injucntion against VU for "illegally" using the "Enigma 2" brand as Dream claim it's their trademark.

" Dream proceeds against trademark infringements

Dream Multimedia, the leading supplier of Linux-based set-top boxes, has brought a temporary injunction against Satco Europe GmbH. At the Anga Cable show in Cologne, Satco presented, among other items, its TV player VU+ Duo, and promotion for this infringes the brand rights of Dream.

Satco is illegally using the designation „Enigma“, which is a registered brand name of Dream. In an advertising flyer, Satco promotes the Linux operating system installed on the VU+ with the designation „Enigma 2“. Moreover, the designation „Enigma“ appears when the set-top box boots up.

With the temporary injunction, the district court in Düsseldorf prohibits Satco from using the designation „Enigma 2“, including offering for sale set-top boxes equipped with operating systems so designated. Contravention of the court order can lead to a fine of up to 250.000 Euros, or a prison sentence of up to six months.

This court order is only the first step. In future, Dream also plans to proceed against other producers who illegally use brands owned by Dream.

Dream spokesperson Alpaslan Karasu: „We will definitely no longer stand around and watch while competitors exploit our good name in order to sell their products.“

district court of Dusseldorf, 2a O 140/11 "

- So basically TM, VU and anyone else using Enigma 2 is according to Dream, illegally using their trademarks...

- Lets face it, most competitors are just using modifed Dreambox images...

" Also I would suggest that people stop bitching on Dr linux. I always see very interesting and clear info coming from him. "

- Really all I have seen from him are rants and raves, and denying of problems claiming his own box is working 100% and everyone else is wrong...Anyone who doesnt agree is a rival competitior/trader...etc....Instead of talking rubbish he should concentrate on fixing the issues with the reciever which after 12 months is still a shambles....

@Everyone lets all try and calm down a bit here,No more name calling is required,

@Dr Linux everyone is entitled to there opinion and we allow everyone to post there opinions on this forum stop getting on the defensive every time someone posts what you dont like or want to read

so lets all play nice please girls:Clap:

well dr linux you say the new image works with the recommended sat hdd with is seagate - can i please have a refund as i have a western digital hdd drive installed in my box that you fitted in your office in london - which doesnt work . I paid you £59.00 for it so can i have a refund please !!!!!!!

Last post is a very valid question and should be answered Dr Linux.

well dr linux you say the new image works with the recommended sat hdd with is seagate - can i please have a refund as i have a western digital hdd drive installed in my box that you fitted in your office in london - which doesnt work . I paid you £59.00 for it so can i have a refund please !!!!!!!

TM should definitelty provide a refund, suppllying and installing an item..which they know say is NOT recommended or not compatible with the product.

Really...the real solution is that they should get NXP/Phillips/Conexant the hardware chipset manufacturers to resolve the underlying hardware/chipset or driver issues that cause this problem. It should not matter which SATA dive you use all of them should work.

There is a clear hardware or driver issue here, which should be resolved instead of telling people to buy "recommended Seagate drive". Why should customers buy a specific product becayse TM are incapable of making thier product work correctly ...

gsmtech
you are distancing from some facts

I do not like to waist my time writing so many posts just to prove one point
my biggest question and request was and is
For god sake why you guys have not tested this new image then start telling me off
can you think i have a point i tested below i have confidence is working
toomany useless comments too many abusive language is really getting boring
which one is greater 10 minutes test or few hours chanting and raving
please close past history and start from 31-5-11 then start telling me off
i am not the one making images or in charge of tm..just a beta tester who has confidence in my testing .
I really can not see the logic why you guys do not test first this is becoming game of lough.
I am really fed up asking more than 100 time test it stop raving test it.
-----------------------
about hard Seagate disk as far as i know this is temporary until solution found i tested few hard disk
now this is the best also Seagate are better then wd if you really want to use any external hard disk no problem or use inside plate and run cable to outside usb ,
remember vu=solo and many more do not have internal so use external
---------------------------
i have done below test can you do the same as below
then itemise your problems

1-have you got tm800 and how long what is mac addrees i will ask tm to varify it
reason is many members do not have this box but like the rubbishing tm800
as they have nothing to do just board
2-have you tested 31-5-11 image
3-have you found any problem except multimedia and some diffrent brand of hard disk
4-can you list bugs problem in the last iQ image
5-did you get green screen
6-did you get overload data in the flash
7-did you get any hung-ups
8-did you test internal sata with recommended seagate hard disk
9-did you use internal wifi
10-did you see latest scale of memory allocation blue button 2 times
11-did you do factory reset to see no old reaming memory
12-did you compare channel change side by side with any other linux box
13- did you leave it on test over night for lipsink
14-did you try by adding toomay skins or softcam to get green screen or re boot
15-did ftp dcc try to create green screen or malfunction
I spend lots of time testing above all were positive and box did not fail
how about you spend at least 30 minutes please prove me if i am wrong
i love to haer from you
if you can get above problem then what is your problem
======================
For hard disk there will multi detection solution soon about exchange or return you should contact TM not me
send email or ring them I am sure they like to see you happy.

once again there are members moaning about the TM800 that dont own one

Im sure the owners of the TM800 can do there own moaning :)

1-have you got tm800 and how long what is mac addrees i will ask tm to varify it
reason is many members do not have this box but like the rubbishing tm800
as they have nothing to do just board. My Mac address is 00:17:52:90:09:09
2-have you tested 31-5-11 image Yes
3-have you found any problem except multimedia and some diffrent brand of hard disk Yes, no timeshift, when recording sound drops out, audio levels increase/decrease while switching channels, no live stream to PC, RF modulator looses output channel, sometimes while changing channel menu sticks for while and will only display part of the epg.
4-can you list bugs problem in the last iQ image
5-did you get green screen no
6-did you get overload data in the flash no
7-did you get any hung-ups no
8-did you test internal sata with recommended seagate hard disk no I will not buy one as you fit and recommended other drives that did not work. Besides any other receiver I use will take the Samsung sata I have without any problems so why should I have to buy another one.
9-did you use internal wifi. no I configured my own external wifi as yours is to expensive, mine cost €8.00 and I have it working fine.
10-did you see latest scale of memory allocation blue button 2 times Yes
11-did you do factory reset to see no old reaming memory Yes
12-did you compare channel change side by side with any other linux box Yes
13- did you leave it on test over night for lipsink Yes
14-did you try by adding toomay skins or softcam to get green screen or re boot No with any other image I used when trying to change skin it hangs the receiver so not doing it again
15-did ftp dcc try to create green screen or malfunction no
I spend lots of time testing above all were positive and box did not fail
how about you spend at least 30 minutes please prove me if i am wrong
i love to haer from you
if you can get above problem then what is your problem
======================
Can you please answer my question with regards to Live streaming, its important to me. If it will not be implemented in a future release I will not be keeping my receiver and will not recommend it to anyone else.
If you read any of my posts you would see I am already a good Technomate customer. But as a wise person once said to me Its easy to get a customer but not so easy to keep one.

Slan Agus Beannacht Leat

well cubase good to see you using the langauge a chara , im from belfast pal - whereabouts in Eire you from ?

sean

Born and dragged up in Dublin, lol now live in Roscommon about 10 years here now. Love the quiet life.

Don`t know why I have had my name dragged into another one of these threads.

Just to be clear I have never had a bad word for the box and have never advised people not to buy one.

I will borrow the box I use for testing over the weekend and feed back my results in detail.

one person is fueling these threads and he is allowed to rant on over and over again making respected members out to be liars when they do not get the results he gets, I had a little fun with his username and infraction straight away no warning nothing.

i too have a western digital hard disk currently inside my TM800HD, dont see why i should have to replace this with a seagate....anyway im sure that bit will be fixed in later images. as carlsberg say, probably the best receiver in the world..

i will be giving this box to my parents after i have their dish setup, then i will upgrade to new image and then report back.....but it wont be coming back to my household.

Last edited:
charlie senator

Thanks for your honesty not having one tm800
I am referencing to todays result not 10 month ago
if I am jugging and making any advise I will test todays result to make comments.
negative talking with out any test result just shows ignorance
talking hot air by some members is not a justifiable advise this will be really bad if thay do not have one,
I hope you are happy with your box good luck also 11000 tm 800 sold as tm told me
this mean just few forums members are having ngative comments as most of them are not using it as satellite receivers or not having one????
in their view it has to do 90% different things
10% satellite work
that's most of conversation going about tm800 in some forums.
-----------------
watching as satellite box its about 95% working ok
for price is much cheaper any box
for functions has more than 50% more than any level price

Bit strange Dr, you been saying there was nothing wrong with the old UR image for months, why the sudden change of heart?

thats actually a really valid and very big point ricky - dr linux has been on here for months telling us all that the ur image he was using at the time was fine and we where all wrong and making mistakes - and now he says the ur team have been replaced becuase they where incompetent and couldnt finish the image - well dr linux explain that one pal ?

thats actually a really valid and very big point ricky - dr linux has been on here for months telling us all that the ur image he was using at the time was fine and we where all wrong and making mistakes - and now he says the ur team have been replaced becuase they where incompetent and couldnt finish the image - well dr linux explain that one pal ?

also dr linux if u could also explain that if this tm800 software is not a clone of any dream multimedia stuff and tm arnt trying to "clone" any dm software then why does a
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

list some interesting stuff
@all tm800 owners please try the above command via telnet

a little snipet of the details

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

why is dreambox-secondstage - 75-r0 - Dreambox second stage bootloader in a TECHNOMATE PRODUCT ??

also to answer your various post regarding the new iq image
1: yes i own a tm800
2-have you tested 31-5-11 image
yes
5-did you get green screen
yes Project Valerie ipgk green screened
7-did you get any hung-ups
running since digi posted link and running cccam i have to re start a few times per day now
9-did you use internal wifi
no tm wifi way to over priced im using cheap £5 dongle (had to add drivers myself)
10-did you see latest scale of memory allocation blue button 2 times

yes seems team iq in the two weeks they have been working have added a memory bar indicator NICE :) lol

11-did you do factory reset to see no old reaming memory
yes still old files remaining when i flash i a new image id expect nothing to remain still no tm800 version of dreamup ??

12-did you compare channel change side by side with any other linux box
yes with dm800 and aslo dm500 iq image does seem faster than previous UR images so thats my only thumbs up for team IQ/UR

13- did you leave it on test over night for lipsink
YES still libsinc problems after short while on HD channels and the sound problem is killing me amp system

BUT still 30 odd days left till that dead line so fingers crossed :)

cheers

osborne82

also will the ur svn respority be updated soon with the "new" iq stuff or will mikey just continue to update the ur one pmsl

cheers

osborne82

Over to Dr linux lol

I will answer for the DR

"Whats wrong with you silly people, I use my TM every day and it even makes me boiled eggs and toast soliders @ 8am every morning" with out fail!"

very silly I know, but there aint much difference to what his tapping little fingers manage to produce!

@Everyone lets all try and calm down a bit here,No more name calling is required,

@Dr Linux everyone is entitled to there opinion and we allow everyone to post there opinions on this forum stop getting on the defensive every time someone posts what you dont like or want to read

so lets all play nice please girls:Clap:
dr linux sounds like some 1 else but his spelling is better lol
y cant ppl just be up front with all this ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back