Switch Parental control passcode removal

TheFurry

Reaction score
Hi guys

im new here so please be gentle.... ive read the rules so i hope this question is allowed,

Is there a way to remove the parental control code on the switch console. The online service doesnt fix it and as it was bought 2nd hand from cash generator Nintendo refuse to help. I want to be able to still use the switch online as normal. So is there a patch or something i can use to get rid of the pin

Thanks in adavance
Katie

have you tried this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi. yes i cannot get anywhere with nintendo, as i am not the original owner nintendo will not help. Is it possible extract the parental control pin from a firmware dum from the console?

try this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bit of an obvious question but cannot you not ask the person who you got it off?

hi, thanks for the reply, the method shown in the link is for a custom firmware, this is an untouched console used online, so no option to mod the console.
@leemoo it was purchased from cash generator shop. they stupidly did not check if it had a parental code set. They did have the sellers details and called them, but the seller denied adding any parental pin. Cash generator have offered a full refund. But i dont want to return it as it came with a few games etc.. and was a great deal and in great condition.
They agreed to allow me time to find a solution that would not affect any time returns restrictions, so i guess i will hang on to it for a couple months and see if a solution comes up.

If i knew that dumping the firmware could show the code i would happily dump the firmware. Unless that involves a nonreversible detection that it was hacked

Thanks guys for help and advice so far

Katie

Bit more of a pain in the arse having to go through cash generator to get info off the seller. Can the seller provide proof of purchase? Even if they can it is going to be a bit of a process to get it sorted with Nintendo, I think you may have your work cut out with this mate. Surely if you speak to cash generators they may let you keep the games if they are physical and give you another switch? That will be the easiest option.

Yes its been a real pain. Cash gen couldn't give me the seller's details due to GDPR, the history is that the seller gave it to cash gen on a 3month buy back option. If they didn't return within 3 months cash gen could sell it...which they did. The seller showed up couple weeks later to buy it back but it was sold to me. They were very unhappy as it was only a few weeks old when they gave it into cash gen. So they were not interested in giving cash gen the pin number out of spite i guess. I will defo give it back to cash gen in a few weeks if i cant resolve the pin issue though, but would rather keep this one as i know its in mint hardly used condition.

Katie

Was looking about for the info worth a shot @turner brown :)

I would just get my money back and get a different one my self

Back