some channels still missing after scan

im wondering if its a manual frequency thats needed or something. i remeber the old dbox days that some things were input manually. so im wondering if its similiar.

You can't load an xml file on these receivers, they are closed source so not the type of receiver to do that on. Using the correct default frequency, symbol rate and QAM for your area but just as importantly setting NIT Search to on will be all the information you need, you will not need to add any new TPs, the NIT part standing for Network Information Table where by as long as you have those other details right it'll pull in all the information it needs regarding frequencies and channel from the network itself...

It could be a few things, it could be your own signal itself, try going direct and cutting out any splitters etc. if they are being use, it could be it is actually there but been picked up under a different name for some strange reason or even that there is an issue with your area itself at the moment, they should have added the new Sports 3 and 4 HD along with a couple more in most places as of yesterday I think, not saying it is this but perhaps possible there is just something going on with these group of channels just now, in which case trying again later might be the easy answer.

Personally I would try deleting all channels (go to the factor default menu and choose delete all channels), then scan again making sure the whole frequency, symbol rate and QAM are correct plus NIT Search is set to on (all very important). Try it now see if it does the trick, if not give it another try a little later/tomorrow just in case of local issues etc.

you can edit the transponders it scans on the scan page just punch in the freq and qam and scan

I scanned
frequency 659.0
Symbol rate 6887 and 6952
Sam 256
But search on
Lcn frequency scan 000.0

got the same box gets all channels
but ss2 HD is the only channel that breaks up badly
im glasgow 6952

They have a weaker tuner than some stb's

They don't as explained on another thread recently, it's been interpreted by some to be this but it's not actually the case it just stems from someone deciding that was the problem with their receiver and so it went on, but it's not a 'weak tuner' I can assure you. If you have one specific frequency or two that appears to be the problem then try changing either the frequency up or down one, for example if it's 151.000 (just an example) change it to 150.000 or 152.000 and see if this makes any difference, if not do just the same with the symbol rate, chances are one of these will correct the issue, if it doesn't then chances are the actual problem is external to the receiver.

Back