sky sports world cup HD

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - got a vu+ultimo with cable tuner, done a cables scan pick up all channels from my provider...all boquets set up..i noticed that i cant find sky sports 2 HD....i think it may be renamed because of the world cup cricket to "sky sports worldcup HD"...but this channel is greyed out and not working...every other channel works...any ideas....is it not online yet ?...the sd version of this channel is working but i want to watch in HD...just paid my provider for it lol..cheers

sky sports 2 is now sky sports world cup just done a scan

yes that true mate on sat, but no hd channels on sat...so i switched to cable tuner , get all cable channels including the sky sports world cup in SD....but i can also see its in HD as well , but its greyed out and when i select it i get "service unavailble - check tuner congiguration"....??...all other channels fine, proabaly not ready to broadcast on HD yet...?

on cable sky sports 2 hd is now sky sports world cup hd that's dm 800 and vusolo2 have a look at your tuner connection

an you post trandponder Details so i Can Do Manual scan for it..ta

My box dont say that, but maybe not looked closely enough.

All good here, using vix and abm

Ok.what are your settings for scsnning?.... I Can See bruteforce....network scan...Manual or automatic scan....etc

I use auto scan for sat and cable

Blackhole latest...I use the same autoscan..with autoboquet maker.perhaps i need latest cable.xml file..anyone ta

Just select sky sports 2 HD. Name will change automatically ( unless you have disabled background scanning) when they change details on transponder.
Please ignore. Just re-read and you said you can't receive the channel.

Last edited:
ive also noticed "sky family HD" and "sky comedy HD" are also greyed out ....perhaps a fresh install of image will do the trick..anyone got the latest "cables.xml" file...or shalll i do a complete fresh install and load the cable sides of things first and then the sat side as i have a personal backup of the sat setup..

ok guys just an update..decided to go from scratch....reflashed latest bh2.1.4 image on my ultimo, installes boquet maker, installed cline, scanned the cable tuner and picked up over 600 channels...ran boquet maker and created boquets...also ftp cables.xml file which digi247 posted sometime back...anyway, all channels are working, most HD are working except the "CricketHD channel, ie which is sky sports 2....also "Sky Family HD" isnt working...also "sky comedy HD" isnt working....odd thing is the SNR on these channels is 47% kinda low, wheras all other HD channels its 60% or above....signal issue...possibly ? any help ideas ta

ok guys just an update..decided to go from scratch....reflashed latest bh2.1.4 image on my ultimo, installes boquet maker, installed cline, scanned the cable tuner and picked up over 600 channels...ran boquet maker and created boquets...also ftp cables.xml file which digi247 posted sometime back...anyway, all channels are working, most HD are working except the "CricketHD channel, ie which is sky sports 2....also "Sky Family HD" isnt working...also "sky comedy HD" isnt working....odd thing is the SNR on these channels is 47% kinda low, wheras all other HD channels its 60% or above....signal issue...possibly ? any help ideas ta

signal issue m8 47% is very low

damm !...could have sworn all HD channels were working sometime ago, i mean months ago..on the cable HD side of things, will have to see if i can boost signal stregth...

update, turned out cable wasnt properly in all the way at the back of the vu box, ie f connector wasnt screwed on properly all the way...so i screwed it...lol, all working, but the channel seems to change frequency was working last night, today the channel wasnt working do had to do a full scan to get it back..how do you do a manual scan to find a particular channel on cable ?

Not sure how to get just 1 channel, i would do a full rescan now you have a full signal

Back