RF Modulators and Diplexers

Bk456

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok I have two sky hd boxes going through a diplexer and into my coax splitter box. This distributes both sky boxes all around my house and magic eyes work perfect.

I have swapped one sky box out for a vu solo 2 and a rf modulator and although i get picture ok the magic eyes do not work.

I could understand if diplexers did not allow power to pass through for magic eyes but they are obviously allowing the sky hd box to pass power through..

I have tried two different rf modulators, the antiference modulator and the triax trilink. To my knowledge these are the only two that carry magic eye function.

I have also tried 2 different diplexers but i can't see this being the problem as both diplexers I've tried work with the sky hd box..

I gather this is quite a specific problem, if no one can help can you recommend a company that deals with duplexer problems and knows about rf modulator issues as there is obviously a difference between the sky box rf 2 out and the rf modulator rf2 out...

I don't think vu solo support magic eyes . I haven't had one , but as far as I'm aware magic eyes only work on sky boxes .

You could try a triax tri link kit which would pass the ir signal for you. Also isn't their a smart phone app for the vu solo that will let you change channel through the wifi?

Good luck

Yes I am using a triax tri link, it works but what I'm saying is you can have two sky boxes in series together, going through a diplexer to allow you to distribute two boxes through the aerial splitter box.

This works with the sky box but not when there is a diplexer in the mix...

The problem is the diplexer, what I want to know if there is a working solution or is it just not possible.?

The app is fine for changing channels and basic functions but for recording and other uses its not practical...

To be honest I don't know what to make, i would have said diplexers don't allow the 9v to pass through for magic eye power but it is indeed allowing the original sky hd box to transfer power from rf2....

So that leads me to believe the rf modulator like the triax tri link is just a different animal to the rf2 out of a sky hd box...and if thats the case which i believe it is then there is no workaround, as this is only one of two scart to rf modulators that come with magic eye kits....

Back