BT and Sky users may finally get ‘turbo-charged’ broadband boost - check your postcode

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's been confirmed that two new internet tiers will be launching across the UK from April. These will bring internet access through walls at over 1.7Gbps - that's fast enough to download a full HD movie in less than 30 seconds. The same film via a standard 70Mbps connection will take around 10 minutes.

Openreach has been testing this new tech for a while with the company now saying it's ready to be pushed out across it's entire Full Fibre network. That means 13 million customers could soon be treated to those blisteringly quick speeds.

According to the network firm, the current pilot performed exceptionally well with early adopter EE’s test results showing consistently solid performance - a number of other Communication Providers have also now joined the trials.

Openreach supplies broadband to firms including BT and Sky and although there's no word yet from those providers on when they will launch this service you can already check to see if you're likely to be one of the lucky ones.

You can use the Openreach fibre checker to see whether ultrafast Full Fibre broadband is available in your street. If it is then the upgrade should be coming to your street soon.

Full story & postcode checker HERE

UP to 1,000Mbps for me but I can't afford to go any faster than I currently get.

Who at home really needs these type of speeds. I'm not knocking it as I wouldn't say no to having this but just being realistic. I can only imagine the whopping cost to have it as well

Back