openbox S9 hd pvr

Would you recommend this box to someone who just wanted to watch sky sports etc in HD and not bothered about epg or recording?
Seeing prices around £99 inc del from uk suppliers. Reasonable?

regards

Yosser

yes with the right cline or a sky sub it is by far the best value for money if you just want tp plug it in and watch hd tv it is very good it will also record on usb memory stick/hd drive

Will it play from a mount on a pc ?
i don't record from tv very often as it's all repeats but i like to play films from my server.

Would you recommend this box to someone who just wanted to watch sky sports etc in HD and not bothered about epg or recording?
Seeing prices around £99 inc del from uk suppliers. Reasonable?

regards

Yosser

Got a link m8?

Will it play from a mount on a pc ?
i don't record from tv very often as it's all repeats but i like to play films from my server.

it will play music and photos but it doesn't see avi files it records in dvr format and i haven't been able to find a converter the nearest i found was dvr-ms which is for micrsoft extenders in ms media player

edogg

Got mine from Maxsat, quick delivery, you need to add the paypal charges to the £99.99, comes to £103.74, still cheap enough though for this super little box.

is this the cheapest HD box available in the market for ccam?

you might find a solomend hd800 or skybox cheaper they are the same inside just different badges and fascia's

edogg

Hi everyone - new boy here :)

Just got myself an S9 but not had chance to get my dish up yet (cable convert!)

I'm only going to be using it on 28.2e, so does anyone have a file with the channels sorted they wouldn't mind sharing?

I'm asking on several forums so if I find one I'll spread the word. It seems there's quite a bit of support out there for the S9 box (in all its guises) so it could become very popular.

Look forward to helping where I can!

Cheers

citygent1911

looking at :
openbox
spiderbox (not interested in the Gifts as I hear they could stop working )
mvison HD300

openbox is looking good for the money, what are the points + or - between the 3?

Hi everyone - new boy here :)

Just got myself an S9 but not had chance to get my dish up yet (cable convert!)

I'm only going to be using it on 28.2e, so does anyone have a file with the channels sorted they wouldn't mind sharing?

I'm asking on several forums so if I find one I'll spread the word. It seems there's quite a bit of support out there for the S9 box (in all its guises) so it could become very popular.

Look forward to helping where I can!

Cheers

citygent1911

Have a look here mate

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/242622/

Last edited by a moderator:
maxsat.co.uk don't even have an address on their site, and use a mobile number for phone, Fax and toll free.

is this a scam?

I think he is a drop shipper and probably does not have any in stock as delivery from china is only 5 days

I'm thinking about getting one to tinker with\evaluate - who's bought from China - any links? Post or PM please.

Thanks

RL

maxsat.co.uk don't even have an address on their site, and use a mobile number for phone, Fax and toll free.

is this a scam?

Got mine from Maxsat, as in my earlier post.
Mine came from the UK, sent monday, delivered tuesday by dhl
also supplied a tracking number which said it was picked up from HAYES SERVICE CENTRE
can't tell you much more, apart from my emailing him to ask if the units were in the UK os shipped from China, he confirmed it was UK stock, so I bought one

Last edited:
i found a genuine seller from china. he is using Fedex.
will it attract import duty if got caught?
any idea how to avoid these taxes/duty?

i found a genuine seller from china. he is using Fedex.
will it attract import duty if got caught?
any idea how to avoid these taxes/duty?

I got some Sony software that was delivered by Fedex, it came from America. On arrival I wasn't charged any import tax, but a week or so later Fedex sent me a bill to pay it.

I wouldn't risk it as it may cost you more.

Back