dead openbox s11 and pvr upgrade tool

irish warrior

Inactive User
Reaction score
updated my channel list and firmware on my s11 and the next day it seemly died,i can hear electric going through the box when its on but it has no display,i know their is numerous threads about bringing the openbox back to life,but i tried last night and i keep getting stb memory error message,also how do you figure out the port settings,will this work on windows 7,after i click connect and turn on my openbox i get the done message but then the error,am i doing something wrong? Another thing my com1 port on my pc seems set at 9600 and the one on the pvr tool is 11 something,have tried 3 versions of the tool,any help would be great
i currently have upgrade pvr 800 hd tool,the digital world version and the openbox s9 tool
ty in advance for any help

If you go into your device manager click on ports(com lpt) it will tell you which com port you are using choose this port on the recovery software. Remember to tick include boot loader option and only switch on your s11 after you have pressed next on the program.

Last edited:
You leave it 9600 if that's what you pc is telling you, are you using usb to serial convertor to get such a high port number?
Sometimes convertors work sometimes not I would reccomend HL-340, it supports Win XP, Vista and Win7 32 bit, Serial port cant carry a big bulk of data so make sure that the highest speed is selected in the recovery program which is "115200".

the loader takes control of the com port settings,so no need to play with those-leave as default.Usb converters don't work too good if that is what you are using.
There is only 1 loader version that works on dead receivers,2.0.0c the one where you choose the file to load on the 1st screen.
The loader has to match the baud the receiver is looking for,which is 115200

Back