nilesat what can you get?

Was close to buying a Triax 1.1m but probably should have guessed big is not always better, but will give a repair a shot first.
Also up to now have been using a basic sat meter to get the best signal possible, then tweaking individual angle position in receiver setup. Would a better meter provide a much greater chance of maximizing the signal, or is it all about pole verticality etc.

Chances of repairing a damaged satellite dish are slim a 120cm with a dent in it performs like a 100cm dish as you cannot correct the parabola reflecor to it's original state the best dish to buy is a Gibertini 100cm beats the rest easily & I have tested a quite a few so called high gain dishes the last 3 years.

Was close to buying a Triax 1.1m but probably should have guessed big is not always better, but will give a repair a shot first.
Also up to now have been using a basic sat meter to get the best signal possible, then tweaking individual angle position in receiver setup. Would a better meter provide a much greater chance of maximizing the signal, or is it all about pole verticality etc.

A meter certainly makes life a lot easier, though it is possible without- many have done it with patience, time and (in your case) a patient son?

Was close to buying a Triax 1.1m but probably should have guessed big is not always better

true, 1.2 & larger dishes have got a lot more popular recently (for some reason) I can see why you might go for a 1.2 atm. but the bigger the dish the better the install has to be

Would a better meter provide a much greater chance of maximizing the signal, or is it all about pole verticality etc.

I'd get the dish right first, a good meter can cost some & they don't do it all for you & certainly won't fix a duff installation.

Last edited:
Will a Gibertini beat a 1m orbital by quite a way.

No! it is a better quality dish as it is made from Aluminium but Orbital also do an Aluminium version of there 1m dish so for longevity they should be equal in that department

Today I have straightened my 1.2m dish and re-installed. Was about 6-8mm out when checked on a glass table top! Appear to be getting majority of channels now, wasn't able to get HD JSC sports earlier this morning but 64% signal at the moment. Not yet tweaked the lnb focus but probably won't get much an improvement. Just need to decide whether the signal will be consistent enough to fork out for a subscription, and also whether to wait and see what transpires with the premier league coverage etc.

what is the strongest transponder on nile sat 7 west just fine tuning my dish regards simon

what is the strongest transponder on nile sat 7 west just fine tuning my dish regards simon

Nilesat 102 @ 7w try 11938v 27500 the older MBC channels.

E7WA @ 7.3w try 10919v 27500 Qatar -they are usually up with the strongest but also stay locked lower.

You can get slight differences with lnbs & tuners

ill try later the reception and the tuner in the tecnomate beat the spider hands over great box regards simon

You seem fixated with the spiderbox, the TM5402 is no where near as good as a VU Duo which you say you have lol
You cant compare these against each other.
TM5402 is £120+ Spider £60 VU £200 plus.
You get what you need and pay for.

Last edited:
Now it all seems to be Playing Ball why dont you try for 30.5° east Arabsat-5A, Al Iraqiya TV channel 12526 V 2500

what dish size is required for that 30.5° east Arabsat-5A, Al Iraqiya TV channel 12526 V 2500

Back