nilesat what can you get?

rossi2000,

you can travel just 200 yards away and it can have a major affect on what you can receive due to local interference and atmospheric conditions at the time.

By the way can mdt have his tools back he left LOL

regards

ahh right

ooooh ye forgot about those, i put them in a bag for safe keeping, i told him id try to get over but been really busy working away and i just forgot lol

suprised he aint reminded me yet

was that you who came with him?

Thats me mate,

You may have to tweak the dish and even the LNB to try and maximise signal

Regards

i thought it was no-one else could of known about the tools hahaha

not sure i can be arsed to go ont roof even tho its only a bungalow lol

im in 53.5,-2.4 approx
just done a blindscan scan on 7w and pulled in 322 channels

using a Gigablue Quad (internal fixed dvb-s2 tuner), 1m orbital, ***** dark superior motor, inverto ultra dual lnb

my location isnt that far from you headwest. would a technomate box give me better reception.

i remember when mdt helped me fit my dish he said the tm's had brilliant tuners but i did not think it would find twice as many channels as my current box like yours.

Hi m8,

As you are almost my next door neighbour! Then you should be able to pickup more or less that I can, infact your slighly more east than I so should be marginally better. Atmospheric conditions are a big variable when trying to receive fringe signals, but at any time of day i can comfortably receive at least 500 channels from 7w. So either the tm6800 and 5402 have a significantly better tuner or your dish is slightly out. Also you need consider cable length and quality as attenuation at IF frequencies is considerable.

I use only ct100 spec cable on any job. Its the only cable i use except shotgun on reasonably short lengths or likes of ct125 on long runs or likes of rg11 if doing something special, like underground runs. Dont use rg6 and the likes as its not pure copper, hence why coaxial cable is worthless to weigh in.

i think its the tuners in the tm are alot better than the gigablues

mdt and digi247 i think maxxed the signal when it was installed. as im only in a bungalow the run of cable isnt that long either, 10mtrs max
i think its of good quality its pretty thick cable too alot thicker than the sky crap.

i could do with a look at a tm box

i think its the tuners in the tm are alot better than the gigablues

mdt and digi247 i think maxxed the signal when it was installed. as im only in a bungalow the run of cable isnt that long either, 10mtrs max
i think its of good quality its pretty thick cable too alot thicker than the sky crap.

i could do with a look at a tm box

Dont throw that one on me LOL mdt did all the alignment side i just watched it was his job after all :)

I think you could tweak this and pull slightly more in as you only have a small cable run even using CT100/TX100 etc will be of no benefit.

I have recently re-installed my Gibby in the garden after it being down a few months and the cable run has gone from around 15m previous install to around 35m this time and i used TX100 as i did the last time and i still pull in near a 1000 channels of 7° west including the JSC HD5 & 6 all day long no problem. Using i might add a Twin Inverto Black Ultra and TM5402HD

If you want another lift to see if we can squeeze a bit more out of the dish PM mdt and see if we can pop round

Regards

oh ye, it was mdt, lol i forgot. smoked a whole lot of shit since then hahah

unless one of you can bring a TM box with you?

sounds a good idea to tweak, im going on holiday in a few days but i'll keep it in mind for sure when i return!!

oh ye, it was mdt, lol i forgot. smoked a whole lot of shit since then hahah

unless one of you can bring a TM box with you?

sounds a good idea to tweak, im going on holiday in a few days but i'll keep it in mind for sure when i return!!

Same here on holiday in 4.5 hours and counting better get some kip up early plane to catch :)

Cheers mate off to Ibiza to relive my Youth LOL i wish

hahaha my wife is thai (well wife next week), so its not what you think i'll be doing :)

Back