Miele Dryer

Goldberg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy all,

When we bought our new place last year the previous occupants left their Miele Washer and Dryers.
They are about 6 years old and the Dryer is playing up. It is a Novotronic Condenser and it appears the pump is not working, or something inbetween..

We called Miele as they tend to keep their cards close to their chest. The Engineer (for £85) told us it was possible the logic board, maybe even the pump.
He was about to replace the pump but tested it and said it was fine? The logic board been broken I think is a load of rubbish..
When he told us nearly £400 to fix we said goodbye..

What is happening is the water is staying in the sump of the machine. When the sump is full then it stops working and I have to tip the machine to empty the water, a lot of water!

Me and the father-in-law had the thing in bits yesterday, cleaned the logic board etc.. but no joy. We ran out of time before we could get the pump off.
So that is the next challenge.. I need to get the pump out to clean and see if any blockages or something that could be be stopping the float switch..

I have to be honest, I hardly used to 'de-fluff' it. I never knew you had too! So it could be as simple as a blockage, however I need to know how to get the damn pump out. It almost looks like you have to take the whole bloody thing apart! There is a hatch the pump would easily come out of so I am assuming there is an easier way.

Any clues folks?

Back