Smartview2 EON

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a Smart meter in for a few years but the Smartview2 we were given on installation has stopped communicating with the meter, it just says

"scanning for networks...."

EON are waste of time they just recommended buying new at £39:99 till I suggested would it be worth rebooting my meter from their end which they eventually did but 24 hours on its still the same.

EON said they don't replace or offer free ones after 12month. We use it to give us a balance, monitor usage and a top up warning as the meters housed in a box outside.

What's the best option to replace it with? hardware or software ?. We do have the app on the phone but we much prefer to see it there and then on a device of some sort.

@silverdale

Have a read HERE
It advises your options and touches upon 3rd party devices and apps.

Also, If you are a 'vulnerable' customer you can get a free IHD repacement.

What is a Vulnerable Customer?
A Vulnerable Customer is a person who is:
  • critically dependent on electrically powered equipment. This includes (but is not limited to) life protecting devices, assistive technologies to support independent living and medical equipment, or
  • particularly vulnerable to disconnection during winter months for reasons of advanced age or physical, sensory, intellectual or mental health.

I had a good read and It looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy the Ivie Bud IHD.
We've never been able to monitor the gas due to BG gas EON electric they reckon the Smartview2 can't deal with two different companies.

Back