Manchester United thread

I agree m8 but the likes of us and yourselves,hell any half decent team,should have a backup plan for those situations m8

I dont blame Chelsea or any other team that plays like that,they are playing that way to achieve their particular goal and succeeding,they only play that way when they need to and when they know it will work against certain teams,

Ah fcuk it I'm away to get pissed lol :D

At least your game has finished. I will be Mr skiddypants now waiting for tomorrows game. Stick the kettle on wiz we will have a few hot toddys. about half an hour ok?. ;)

At least your game has finished. I will be Mr skiddypants now waiting for tomorrows game. Stick the kettle on wiz we will have a few hot toddys. about half an hour ok?. ;)

Now thats something I can look forward to m8 :)

Jesus m8 I love your positivity but fcuk me we are crap,you cannot build a team around one man,a decent manager should be able to come up with an alternative formation to counteract a team parking the bus,

I mean I agree its carrick that makes the difference,my argument is that it shouldn't,at least not to this extent :(

p.s. In all fairness considering the players we brought in we are not that far off 7th

The big money players haven't even got in the side mate.
It's not just one man wiz, you need to read up on Van Gaal a little to understand what's being achieved. The foshiffy.... It relies on a ball playing central defender to step out and upset the defensive positioning of the opposition, making them move out and press the ball carrying defender, this starts the creation of space. Rojo and Smalling cause this effect !
Van Gaal almost always plays with a DM who is capable of rotating the ball left to right and forwards with pace, it's a point forwards diamond, the only player we have capable and composed enough is Carrick ( we need to address that ).
I get your apprehension mate, just stay with it because we aren't far away. 2-3 players or even just a few less injuries !
Big Summer coming our way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One for you @miggy
Why are city fifth richest club in world (Forbes) but have nothing to spend lol

Try FFP young manic that bollox is holding us and Inter Milan and other great clubs back from progressing. Where is the link to this statement anyway?. I work my fingers to the bone getting you all this valuable information and you give nothing back in return?. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol City and Inter Milan in the same sentence as other great clubs, @miggy you are a funny man ;)

Inter Milan record
Serie A:

Coppa Italia:

Supercoppa Italiana:

[h=3]International titles[/h] The following titles include only those which are recognised by UEFA and FIFA.
[h=4]World-wide titles[/h] Intercontinental Cup:[SUP][2][/SUP]

Intercontinental Supercup:

• Runners-up (1): 1968
FIFA Club World Cup:

[h=4]European titles[/h] European Cup/Champions League:

UEFA Cup:

UEFA Super Cup:

• Runners-up (1): 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Man City record lol

• First Division/Second Division (second tier)
    • Champions (7, record holders): 1899, 1903, 1910, 1928, 1947, 1966, 2002
    • Runners-up (4): 1896, 1951, 1989, 2000

• League Cup
    • Winners (3): 1970, 1976, 2014
    • Runners-up (1): 1974

[h=1]Memphis Depay: Manchester United sign Dutch forward[/h]
Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Dutch forward Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven.
The fee is in the region of £25-30m with the deal believed to be until 2019, with the option of another year.
Subject to the 21-year-old passing his medical next week, he will join United once the transfer window opens in June.
Depay has scored 21 goals as PSV won this season's Dutch title and played under United manager Louis van Gaal during his time as Netherlands boss.
The player, who has played predominantly on the left of front three or as a central striker, had attracted interest from a number of clubs across Europe, with Paris St-Germain and Liverpool reportedly keen to sign him.

Tottenham reportedly had a bid for the player turned down last year.
He has spent his entire career to date with PSV, for whom he has scored 42 goals in 104 appearances.
"We are very proud of this upcoming transfer, which came in a huge momentum," PSV's sporting director Marcel Brands told the Dutch club's official website.
"Memphis has gone through all the teams of the PSV youth academy and has played an important part in the national title this year.

"He's a wonderful exponent of our training and will make a nice transition to a magnificent club in a beautiful competition.
"We obviously lose a fantastic player, which is of great value to the team. But PSV grants him this wonderful step."
Depay played at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as the Netherlands finished third before Van Gaal quit as head coach to take over at Manchester United.
He made his international debut on 15 October 2013, coming on in the last minute of the Netherlands' 2-0 World Cup qualifying win in Turkey.

[h=1]Memphis Depay: Manchester United sign Dutch forward[/h]
Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Dutch forward Memphis Depay from PSV Eindhoven.
The fee is in the region of £25-30m with the deal believed to be until 2019, with the option of another year.
Subject to the 21-year-old passing his medical next week, he will join United once the transfer window opens in June.
Depay has scored 21 goals as PSV won this season's Dutch title and played under United manager Louis van Gaal during his time as Netherlands boss.
The player, who has played predominantly on the left of front three or as a central striker, had attracted interest from a number of clubs across Europe, with Paris St-Germain and Liverpool reportedly keen to sign him.

Tottenham reportedly had a bid for the player turned down last year.
He has spent his entire career to date with PSV, for whom he has scored 42 goals in 104 appearances.
"We are very proud of this upcoming transfer, which came in a huge momentum," PSV's sporting director Marcel Brands told the Dutch club's official website.
"Memphis has gone through all the teams of the PSV youth academy and has played an important part in the national title this year.

"He's a wonderful exponent of our training and will make a nice transition to a magnificent club in a beautiful competition.
"We obviously lose a fantastic player, which is of great value to the team. But PSV grants him this wonderful step."
Depay played at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as the Netherlands finished third before Van Gaal quit as head coach to take over at Manchester United.
He made his international debut on 15 October 2013, coming on in the last minute of the Netherlands' 2-0 World Cup qualifying win in Turkey.

What the hell has Man City got to do with George Best??.

Inter Milan record
Serie A:

Coppa Italia:

Supercoppa Italiana:

International titles

The following titles include only those which are recognised by UEFA and FIFA.
World-wide titles

Intercontinental Cup:[SUP][2][/SUP]

Intercontinental Supercup:

• Runners-up (1): 1968
FIFA Club World Cup:

European titles

European Cup/Champions League:

UEFA Cup:

UEFA Super Cup:

• Runners-up (1): 2010

- - - Updated - - -

Man City record lol

• First Division/Second Division (second tier)
    • Champions (7, record holders): 1899, 1903, 1910, 1928, 1947, 1966, 2002
    • Runners-up (4): 1896, 1951, 1989, 2000

• League Cup
    • Winners (3): 1970, 1976, 2014
    • Runners-up (1): 1974

On them facts I probably should have left Inter Milan out of my previous comparison lol

A winger who likes to cut inside and has a venomous shot on him .... Sounds like a Robben type player to me.
Welcome to Manchester Memphis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What the hell has Man City got to do with George Best??.

lol, he was one of the greatest players to have graced the game, so in answer to your question, absolutely nothing. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[/QUOTE]
Correct @gasman and my post on George was a genuine post.So I would be most grateful if you could call your rottweilers off my good man.

Back