Jtag Board for cloud ibox4?

Ya tried with and without.

$_57.JPG

This the exact one I have. It has 2 jumpers either side.

Yours is the 2 jumper model mine the single jumper never used the dual jumper one have you tried with both jumpers removed and with blue switch in or out ?

The blue button turns the power on and off. Have tried it both ways.

Tried several combinations with or without jumpers.

There is also a button on the bottom left that does not seem to do anything.

I have checked in device manager and the VID and PID for the device are coming up as 0000

Does this suggest an error with the device? Can it be fixed?

I have checked in device manager and the VID and PID for the device are coming up as 0000

Could be wrong but can that mean the device is just not recognised ? Try another mini usb lead

Your post 118 says it found it first time round on the xp machine as an unknown device so it should give the install driver pop up

I would start again and

Did you follow the tut and install the programs in the following order
1. Install Framework 4
the following files are in the BMC97335.rar file
2: unzip BMC97335.rar file
3: install Broadcom Studio 3
4: Install Bcm97335.msi (do not use setup file thats in the same directory/folder) for a Duo
Watch out jumper (looks like its J2 on your cypress board needs to be disconnected)
5: Plug in the Cypress board on a USB port (make sure light is on). Do not connect the vu+ to the cypress board yet.

You should get the install driver pop up
Chose install automatically, the driver installs and after the wizard you have to reboot
After the reboot the above wizard appears again only it says:
This wizard helps you install software for: Broadcom Test Adapter
Follow the wizard using install automatically and after the wizard is done you are ready installing
Drivers for the Cypress board (Broadcom studio 3 will now know the cypress board).

Then follow the rest of the tut i posted from page 6 my post 117

Last edited:
Your post 118 says it found it first time round on the xp machine as an unknown device so it should give the install driver pop up

I would start again and

Did you follow the tut and install the programs in the following order
1. Install Framework 4
the following files are in the BMC97335.rar file
2: unzip BMC97335.rar file
3: install Broadcom Studio 3
4: Install Bcm97335.msi (do not use setup file thats in the same directory/folder) for a Duo
Watch out jumper (looks like its J2 on your cypress board needs to be disconnected)
5: Plug in the Cypress board on a USB port (make sure light is on). Do not connect the vu+ to the cypress board yet.

You should get the install driver pop up
Chose install automatically, the driver installs and after the wizard you have to reboot
After the reboot the above wizard appears again only it says:
This wizard helps you install software for: Broadcom Test Adapter
Follow the wizard using install automatically and after the wizard is done you are ready installing
Drivers for the Cypress board (Broadcom studio 3 will now know the cypress board).

Then follow the rest of the tut i posted from page 6 my post 117

I am going to start again so.

Should it be BCM97346.msi for this box?

jtag_files.jpg
These are the files I have in my directory. Are they correct?

1. Install Framework 4 - Installed

3: install Broadcom Studio 3 - Installed
4: Install Bcm97346.msi - Installed BCM97346.msi ( I think this is the one for the Cloud Ibox 4 Clone. Correct? )
Watch out jumper (looks like its J2 on your cypress board needs to be disconnected) - J2 disconnected
5: Plug in the Cypress board on a USB port (make sure light is on). Do not connect the vu+ to the cypress board yet. - Connected, light on and not connected to the Ibox 4.

You should get the install driver pop up - No pop-up

USB device not recognized.

Last edited:
I am going to start again so.

Should it be BCM97346.msi for this box?

View attachment 93380
These are the files I have in my directory. Are they correct?
No thats for the solo, the cloud ibox 4 is a mini vu duo
4. Install BCM97335 [ Do not use setup install file ] [ VU+ DUO ]

Check the 2nd picture Ferret posted in post 6
Also read post 52 and 53 and 54 also post 76 to post 80 it could be helpful if you have a different Toshiba chip

read post 96 and the file is in post 97 thanks to Ferret which you need to use on page 8 of the tut

Also try with both jumpers disconnected

If its still not recognised do a system restore to before you installed anything and try again

I had issues with getting Broadband Studio 3 running. The cypress board never worked.

Beginning to think the board is no good.

Last edited:
I have downloaded BCM97335.zip and extracted.

Removed all previous versions of broadband studio 3. Installed broadband.msi and then BCM97335.msi

Both installed without any problems.

Rebooted the system and tried to connect the cypress again with and without jumpers.

Still no good - Unknown Device

Should I get another one maybe? Must be something wrong with it when it is sending VID/PID 0000 to the computer.

I have downloaded BCM97335.zip and extracted.

Removed all previous versions of broadband studio 3. Installed broadband.msi and then BCM97335.msi

Both installed without any problems.

Rebooted the system and tried to connect the cypress again with and without jumpers.

Still no good - Unknown Device

Should I get another one maybe? Must be something wrong with it when it is sending VID/PID 0000 to the computer.
Did you try right clicking on the unknown device and choose update drivers and let it auto search the pc for the driver

I got mine from here, I asked the seller to confirm if it was definitely the single jumper version he was selling like in the picture before I ordered it
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Did you try right clicking on the unknown device and choose update drivers and let it auto search the pc for the driver

I got mine from here, I asked the seller to confirm if it was definitely the single jumper version he was selling like in the picture before I ordered it
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Sound for that.

Ya tried that. I am going to order a new one from the same guy.

Got the new single jumper this morning and installed no problem. Thanks for the link Fergalsworld

Tried to install it initially and wouldn't work but removed the jumper and away she went.

Loaded studio 3 and not connecting. Started playing around with the connectors and after I removed the GND it connected. So all that is required is SCL/SDA/3.3V. Read somewhere else that you would get away without the 3.3V also but tried it and lost connection so put it back again.

So all going well so far. Checked the exact chip on the board and selected the corresponding XML file and refresh. Loaded the chip details. Downloaded the boot file from magicboxtv.com.

Clicked on start and got the following - The starting offset is in a bad block. The operation has been terminated. Tried a few times and still the same thing. Erased the flash and tried again and still the same.

Is there away around this or is the chip shagged?

Clicked on start and got the following - The starting offset is in a bad block. The operation has been terminated. Tried a few times and still the same thing. Erased the flash and tried again and still the same.

Is there away around this or is the chip shagged?

The chip needs to be either programmed externally or it needs to be replaced.

BB3 and jtag can not deal with a bad block external programmers can but youll need to remove the chip either way.

I also have a mini vu+ duo with a red light on. The board looks identical to the ibox4 and has the same toshiba chip. Is it the same thing?

I connected this one to the jtag and got it to write the bootloader. Put it all back together and still red light.

I used the bootloader for the ibox4. Should I have used a different one? What steps do I need to take after that to get the image on it?

If anyone has the correct bootloader and an image for this type box I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

I think the bootloader is the same, Ferret would know

You could try flashing this on it
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2731/

just extract and place the vuplus folder on a usb stick, turn box off put usb stick in turn box on and wait about 5-10 mins the turn off and take the usb stick out and reboot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still the red light.

It wrote the bootloader with the jtag so can this also be used to write the image?

You can not write an image with BB3 in that format it would need to be a full nand dump and ive never seen one.

As for the bootloader it has to be the wrong one but ive never jtag that clone so can not advice.

Once you have the correct bootloader then you just flash the image as normal with usb stick.

Back