Hgv's and 50mph speed limit

if you drive round only seeing the arse end of the car directly in front of you, then you deserve to be side swiped clean off the road, its not only you and the car in front of you on the road.

when im driving, im aware of just about every car on the road in front of me, cars each side of me, and most of them that i can see in the mirrors behind me, i know if theres a speed camera over a mile away parked on a bridge around the bend on the motorway, as im aware of the traffic 3/4 of a mile away slamming the brakes on as they go round the bend, you know if a truck is going to 'just pull out' as theres only about a 3 foot gap between him and the one in front of him

it may be worth you looking into an advanced driving course if youre unable to read the road ahead of you

my silence is deafening and staying that way lol
(seems as most people know what i do for a living):Fish:

...it may be worth you looking into an advanced driving course if youre unable to read the road ahead of you

Lol. Do you want to see the T-shirt.

I prefer them to indicate before pulling out, rather than as they do it.

...and as for driving three feet behind the vehicle in front, that seems to be the norm for HGV drivers today.

my silence is deafening and staying that way lol
(seems as most people know what i do for a living):Fish:

Lol, safest way gez. I'm sure you're one of the true "Knights of the Road" anyway. :)

if you drive round only seeing the arse end of the car directly in front of you, then you deserve to be side swiped clean off the road, its not only you and the car in front of you on the road.

when im driving, im aware of just about every car on the road in front of me, cars each side of me, and most of them that i can see in the mirrors behind me, i know if theres a speed camera over a mile away parked on a bridge around the bend on the motorway, as im aware of the traffic 3/4 of a mile away slamming the brakes on as they go round the bend, you know if a truck is going to 'just pull out' as theres only about a 3 foot gap between him and the one in front of him

it may be worth you looking into an advanced driving course if youre unable to read the road ahead of you

This is the best post in this thread imo.

When sitting the driving test they should put peeps in a lorry!

Don't drive them myself, but I have been in my mates cab.

Fekkin amazing to see the stupid driving that goes on!

bit off track but,

over in england, in the driving test is any of it on a motorway?

reason for asking is as a L plate driver in northern ireland ur not allowed, and as an R plate driver, you are limited to 45MPH

45mph in a motorway i think is more dangerous than a 80 year old driver near a school...

first time i went onto a motorway in my car with R plates up i got pulled over, the police man gave me all the crap of the day blah blah usual junk, basically in the wrong lane...

what he explained is other drivers are allowed to do 70mph, fair enough, its their right to do so, and me (r plate driver, is only allowed to do 45mph), il quote "they can do nearly double of your speed"... ok.. lol, because of this, i must stay on the most inside lane possible, this includes having to go in and out of lanes each time there is a off-ramp, of say 3 lanes.. i have to go from first lane, alllllllll the way across to the 4th lane, all this in the space between when you work out how many lanes there is in the off ramp, and waiting for all the ones in the further lanes to pass me until i see a reasonably large gap in the traffic so i can chug along at 45mph into that lane lol

just my 2 cents

anyone feel the same way?

I feel your pain mate.

There is a stretch of road not far from me which is being upgraded and has average speed cameras set at 40Mph due to the large numbers of crew working on the road (M73/A80 North and South). Every time I'm on that bit of road I always seem to have some arsehole tucked into my rear bumper, last night it was an artic, not fun. :(

thats a hellish bit of road at the minute , and trust me its not any fun driving an artic through they roadworks were the cones are that dirty you cant see them ,they stupid metal barrieers that have no hi viz markings , narrow lanes , roads full of holes , through in a bit of fog and snow , it aint fun

i drive artics and most of ours are restricted to 52 , people think your takin the pish when you cant go any faster ,

ALL drivers need to understand that in this country - we drive on the left. thats the left lane. not middle lane even if you're breaking the speed limit - the left lane.

people sitting in the middle lane when the left lane is empty need to be publicly humiliated then shot to rid the world of these cocksmits.

ALL drivers need to understand that in this country - we drive on the left. thats the left lane. not middle lane even if you're breaking the speed limit - the left lane.

people sitting in the middle lane when the left lane is empty need to be publicly humiliated then shot to rid the world of these cocksmits.

Too true m8, i even see ppl on motorways or dual carriageways as soon as they get on its straight out to middle or right lane just for the sake of it.

Everyone should be made to resit their test every 10 years imo.

also you want to try being on 2 wheels to see how many idiots there are on 4 or more :p

Have been an HGV driver for over 20yrs, car drivers forget if they block
a truck, they can just drop a gear and their away. A truck might have to drop 8 or 9 gears to get speed up again so they try and keep up momentum.

rant over thanks
snp-g.

We drive 3 feet apart so that the car drivers don't jump in between(as usual) and slow down, cause i'm sure some of them get a kick from it

This is not a dig at you stevo, But why do some HGV drivers things its ok to try and overtake each other when there limted to 56 anyway lol therefor holding up the enrite road :S

This ittatates me as well!

This is not a dig at you stevo, But why do some HGV drivers things its ok to try and overtake each other when there limted to 56 anyway lol therefor holding up the enrite road :S

This ittatates me as well!

aha! the old "i'm doing 0.3 miles per hour faster than him, so i'lkl overtake and block both lanes!" and it takes him 15 minutes to slowly inch past! a HGV Classic!

Spot on m8, I was driving North on the M74 yesterday afternoon heading to Glasgow and the amount of tossers just sitting in the middle lane with the inside lane empty pissed me off no end, most of them are business men, shirt and tie with the jacket hanging in the back, with their big flash cars. At the finish up I couldn't be arsed moving over 2 lanes and then back again, I just undertook them, yeah I know I'm probably just as bad but if they showed lane discipline there would be no need.

Sump

At the finish up I couldn't be arsed moving over 2 lanes and then back again, I just undertook them, yeah I know I'm probably just as bad but if they showed lane discipline there would be no need.

Sump

"To undertake, or not to undertake. That is the question."

It's perfectly legal in North America, and it's about time they changed the law here. The alternative of having to manoever over to the outside lane and then back again over two lanes is a nonsense.

i always undertake, why should i have to endure changing over 2 lanes, and back, due to someone driving with undue care and attention to the road around them, most of the time, even after you go screaming up the inside of someone, they still carry on in the middle lane at 58mph

Back