Lorry burst tyre on way to work

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Was going to work yesterday along the M6 luckily through the 50mph zone when a artic in front started to pour out smoke for a few seconds then one of its rear wheels just exploded.
Never seen anything like it, the full tyre came off bounced across 2 lanes before Mr white van man caught it right under the front wheels must of lifted him off the ground 2foot then came out the back end to just lay there in the middle lane with everyone driving around it.
scary has hell for both drivers i bet but the lorry driver kept it straight at least till he could pull over in the road works.
just glad i was in the car and not on the bike.

scary m8 very scary not sure of tyre pressure but i bet its a lot

Many years ago I was driving behind an Artic and the driver hammered the brakes on nearly causing jack knife and all we seen was this black thing spin in front of us!

We stopped and asked the driver what the feck happened, he was kind of shaken as were we, he told us he'd hit something.

We had a wander back down the dark road with him and found half a dog (Well, it was actually less than half, only the head and front legs were recognisable) A black Labrador!

It so could have easily been thrown through our or someone elses windscreen!

Scarey shit!

The car that was opposite him at the moment it went off put his foot down very quickly when bits of black stuff started to hit the side of his car a split second later the whole fecking thing came shooting off.
like i said good job it was in the 50 zone so everyone was going quite slow for a motorway but if it had been the otherside some poor workmen would have needed more then high viz jackets and hard hats with that fecker rolling at them.

about 90 psi
bloody noisy as well lol

90psi if it was a rear on the unit maybe most use 100-110 the front will have a min of 120 psi and on the trailer if its a super single ( most proberly) then you will be looking at least 120 some run at 130 psi.

this was my game and tyres are a scary thing when they go BANG and can Kill if your standing next to them when they go.
The Health and safety guidelines expect you to put them in a cage while blowing them up which is just a joke as the 1s that are on the fitters Vans are designed for the old type of wheel (split rim) where you have a locking ring.

all they do is stop the locking ring from flying in the air or taking your head of but are no good at all for tubeless tyres.

scarry stuff, as you say you were in the 50 zone the lorry shouldn't been doing much faster but imagine if the white van had hit at 70+.... slows you down for a bit.

couple of years ago now i was on the m5 going south and just gone passed the back of a lorry trailer and one of its tyres went, fortunately it was all behind me but it went with a bang nearly shat myself only realised what it was when looked in the mirror.

Back