Help with employer

Good to hear mate.

Our company went through 3 independent doctors because they didnt toe the company line ( reading between the lines)

Now they have bupa as a nation contract so they cant just get rid when they dont get the advice they want to hear.

I had a situation jus like this last year in mid september.
I damaged my big toenail on my rite foot when my stupid site manager asked me to help a colleague to carry a hevy plastic storage unit. the thing was falling to pieces as it was not assembled properly so 1 piece fell on my toe and it bloody well hurt. so went home but struggled 2 com back 2 work on following monday i was limping my toenail was bleeding painful and black after dat i was on sick for 6 weeks. i told them i was going to be off 4 a few days or maybe a week or so but wat happens i got classed as awol cause i didn't keep regular contact wit them & they knew y i was off but wanted 2 make an issue out of it. i got a warning 4 it and sick pay was witheld even though i supplied back dated sick notes. also i coldn't sue the fukkers cause i was told i was wearing inappropriate footwear & wasn't following uniform policy every one in my work place don't wear shoes.
i think we still liv in the dark ages here no workers rites any more.

I had a situation jus like this last year in mid september.
I damaged my big toenail on my rite foot when my stupid site manager asked me to help a colleague to carry a hevy plastic storage unit. the thing was falling to pieces as it was not assembled properly so 1 piece fell on my toe and it bloody well hurt. so went home but struggled 2 com back 2 work on following monday i was limping my toenail was bleeding painful and black after dat i was on sick for 6 weeks. i told them i was going to be off 4 a few days or maybe a week or so but wat happens i got classed as awol cause i didn't keep regular contact wit them & they knew y i was off but wanted 2 make an issue out of it. i got a warning 4 it and sick pay was witheld even though i supplied back dated sick notes. also i coldn't sue the fukkers cause i was told i was wearing inappropriate footwear & wasn't following uniform policy every one in my work place don't wear shoes.
i think we still liv in the dark ages here no workers rites any more.

It's the employers responsibilty to MAKE SURE you wear adequate footwear. If your supposed to wear steel toe capped boots and come into work wearing trainers and you drop something on your foot as you did. Your employer has to take some responsibility. You could have suedn them for failing in their duty of care.

It's the employers responsibilty to MAKE SURE you wear adequate footwear. If your supposed to wear steel toe capped boots and come into work wearing trainers and you drop something on your foot as you did. Your employer has to take some responsibility. You could have suedn them for failing in their duty of care.

I'm pretty sure he still can.. As it's less than a year.. I will be doing the same soon as I got bitten by a mastiff whilst at work.Got heavy scars on my leg to prove it. Kept my heavily ripped clothes and everything.. Infact that's my job for next week.. Solicitor lol.. This boss will wish he hadn't messed with me..

Back