Bullseye's Tony green dies aged 85

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bullseye star and darts commentator Tony Green, who worked alongside Jim Bowen on the hit ITV show for more than a decade, has died aged 85.

A statement on the Bullseye Facebook account said "our dear friend and much-loved colleague... passed away peacefully today after a long battle with Alzheimer's".

Green, a former amateur player, was a darts commentator for the BBC and also became the announcer and co-host of Bullseye, where he worked for 13 years from 1982. He returned in a new version of the show which aired from April 2006.

The statement added: "Our love, thoughts and prayers go out to all of Tony's family, who we hold such affection for, to all of Tony friends and those who were lucky enough to work with him. Thank you Tony for all the memories, all the laughs (and trust us there were many!) and all the special times filming Bullseye together, what wonderful years those were and we are honoured to have shared them with you."

Tributes soon poured in from members of the darts community.

Player Steve Beaton wrote on X: "So sad to hear the news that Tony Green has passed away." Beaton also revealed that it was Green who gave him his infamous nickname 'The Bronzed Adonis', coined due to his tanned appearance. "My thoughts are with Jacky and all the family," he continued. "Such a nice guy did plenty of exhibitions together and golf days and he gave me my nickname. RIP my friend."

TV presenter and former darts pro Bobby George also sent his condolences to Green's family "at this very sad time". He wrote: "So sorry and sad to hear of Tony Green's passing he was a good dart player, caller, commentator and an icon of the #Bullseye show."

Read HERE

RIP Tony Green

Back