Help with employer

:err: I can't say that reply is relevant to K's question? Are you assuming he's guilty of faining illness? Or am I mistaken?

Please elaborate?

thebigman replied for me...didnt mean to be rude...but what thebigman said is what I mean, If was me in K shoes I would like to change my job if I could because clearly his relationship with his boss its not one of the best. (I dont know what his job is)

sorry if sounded rude...just tried to make the sentence short and simple...

thebigman replied for me...didnt mean to be rude...but what thebigman said is what I mean, If was me in K shoes I would like to change my job if I could because clearly his relationship with his boss its not one of the best. (I dont know what his job is)

sorry if sounded rude...just tried to make the sentence short and simple...

Yeah fair enough! and it's probably good advice that you/thebigman have given! However, it doesn't help his current situation nor answered his question ;)

PS: Your initial reply was a bit vauge hence my question :)

Yeah fair enough! and it's probably good advice that you/thebigman have given! However, it doesn't help his current situation nor answered his question ;)

PS: Your initial reply was a bit vauge hence my question :)

I know what you mean...:thumbsup:

Woah, thanks guys some valuable advice here..

Sorry for no replies.. been asleep all day.. and went bed after my last reply last night..

Anyway a bit of background..

About 6 months ago my employer lost a contract to another company.. it then had to downsize its staff.. the company failed to tell us who would be going.. for around 3 months.. and when people went to the other company they still failed to tell us and just left it for us to assume..

Fast forward to christmas the managers where all made to re-apply for their jobs, one boss wasnt sucessful and was made redundant.. the first monday back after christmas a new bloke came from another office to take charge of our team.. This new boss thinks hes the bees knees..

Under my contract im required to complete my work or do 37 hours.. We had bad snow etc etc.. and the work couldnt be completed so he had a go at me even though id done my hours.. the following week he sent me to buxton which isnt far away but can take nearly 2 hours in traffic.. thats 4 hours a day.. prior to him coming ive always worked within 20 mins of my house.. .. with the travelling time id done my 37 hours... and guess what, you guessed it.. i was hauled in.. i give him some shit back and basikaly told him what i think of him.. i told him ill resign. he begged me not too so i didnt..

The following 2 weeks i did my work and my hours and he was happy.. and then he give me work that was imposible and again.. i did my hours.. i went into the office to tell him and he was a complete arsehole.. he told me to do over my hours or there would be consequences.. LOL..

Over this time ive not been sleeping.. ive had headachs and the likes.. ive suffered from depression in the past and recovered from it.. but this bloke has sent me back again..

The second time i went to the doctors she told me enough is enough.. basikaly what has been said in this thread.. she told him to quit my job as this bloke doesnt give a toss about the welfare of his staff (her words).

I took her advice and last monday i applied for a few jobs.. that same day i got a phonecall from one of the companies.. i went for an interview thursday and got the job.. ive told them the situation and they dont care about refrences and what not.. so thats good.. im going to be earning about 7k more than now so thats a bonus..

Im going to this review thing on thursday and ill tell the doctor everything.. as im not lying.. this bloke is a bully and he has made my life hell.. .. i will be resigning from this job when my sicknote ends.. as my new job starts on the 22nd..

For the record ive not been off on the sick in this job (3 years employment).. and not been on the sick in 4 years...

This thread will need moving i think as it could give ammo...

Last edited:
I took her advice and last monday i applied for a few jobs.. that same day i got a phonecall from one of the companies.. i went for an interview thursday and got the job.. ive told them the situation and they dont care about refrences and what not.. so thats good.. im going to be earning about 7k more than now so thats a bonus..

sorry, if you got a new better job on thursday, why are you worried about the private doctor consultation? just tell them to fu*k right off and don't go m8!

Because i dont want to look as if im lying and what not..

+ I will be getting paid up until i resign.. which after what hes done to me is the least they can do..

There is less than 2 weeks till i resign..

+ I will be getting paid up until i resign.. which after what hes done to me is the least they can do..

bummer! true m8...well you dont have nothing to hide just go there m8...like some one else said...whoever this independent doc is he/she cannot go over what your own doc is saying. if you have all the proper sick notes and stuff, just go there and just be nice...they probably want you to flip out!

go to the thing, see it through, and tell them due to the extra stress this boss has placed on you, you are handing in your resignation, and will resign upon expiry of your dictors sick note

they cannot fire you while youre on the sick, and as its extra stress caused by your boss, if they do, youd be able to sue

a lot of politics going on here

a lot of it irrelevant

there is no grievances concerning the management in question

the member of staff has already threatened to resign [personally if i was the manager i would of accepted it and shook your hand and said good bye]

you have a history of depression and stress

your job has caused you sufficient stress to go sick with work related stress / depression

you have been signed off for a further 2 weeks and will be considered off long term sick

I dont understand the issue here

you have been offered another job with another employer, offer your notice minus any holiday paid accrued and good luck in your new job

if they make your life hell then walk away on sick without pay lol

dont run from this guy, make his life hell. sue him for constructive dismissal!! get on to acas, they love this kind of stuff. will help immensley.

dont run from this guy, make his life hell. sue him for constructive dismissal!! get on to acas, they love this kind of stuff. will help immensley.

I would go for constructive dismissal as well, the fact you have a new job is good but irrelevant.

If your boss is not brought into line then he will do this to others who unlike you may not be lucky enough to get another job.

Sorry I forgot to mention. Already had 1 resign b4 me.. Another another 2 are on the sick aswell as me..

Hi mate,

Well everyone has given you some fantastic advice already and i believe everything has been covered with who you should contact ect. I just hope everything goes well with the meeting with the doctor. You know you are not well enuf to go to work so dont be affraid cuz there is nothing to be afraid of. Just go there keep your cool and be honest.

Also good luck with the new job and the beers are on you with your pay rise. :Clap:

one thing i noticed in very first post he phone or came round every day
except friday
he cant do that unless stated in your contract if he does its classed as
intimidation and harrasment
get the fecker sue his arse off then send the DW boys round to finish him off

constructive dismissal is very hard to prove

is there any records of formal meetings concerning grievances ?

is there a history of discrimination [records ?]

is the employee an ethnic, female, disabled, kids ?

if non of the above then constructive dismissal wont hold

average payout for constructive dismissal is a week for every yr of service

Hope you new job goes well, I think your old boss has a brother at my place. I am going thou the same type of thing. I have not been to the doc yet as I know I would get the same harassment you got and I have been close to tell him to stick it. If I could get another job soon I would be happy and move on.

Acas and CA are willing to talk advice but it then up to me to take the stick if it all goes pear shape. It's a long time coming but time to move if I can.

The idea of posting his address for some DW visits does sound good. :proud:

Sorry I forgot to mention. Already had 1 resign b4 me.. Another another 2 are on the sick aswell as me..

Hi Mate
I know how that feels and its not a nice place to be.
Had a similar situation with my last employer, even though we had had a good working relationship for three years.
The story goes that to do my job on Education sites we need to have a CRB check, which is fair enough as i work on site with children.
Nobody in the Firm has ever been CRB checked until they decide to go Ltd and then looking at ISO900 etc.
So they have to do things properly!
20 years ago i made a bit of a mess of my life and ended up in Prison for 9months.
Stupid stuff like joyriding, petty stuff, but we nicked a car burnt it out and it took out an empty garage.
So classed as Arson, therfore got sent down as that conviction carries a custodial sentence.
I came out of Nick and rebuilt my life, with the support of Family etc.
I put all of that behind me and moved on with my life.
Now i have a Lovely wife (married for 15 years) and 2 kids etc and a pretty good life.
I have not put a foot wrong with the law in over 20 years and would like to think thats all in the past!
My old employer never asked me if i had a Criminal record !
he did part of the CRB check online and must have ticked some boxes on my behalf (without my knowlage), so he got a rull copy of my convictions.
This in itself was illeagal, as its my Data!
I got my copy back and every thing was on there even though they are Spent convictions under the rehabilitation of offenders act!
So i get hauled in the office to explain my convictions, bearing in mind that i passed the Children and vunerable adults part with no convictions.
I tell the bosses son everything and he cant beleive that the convictions are mine.
lets just say thats when things changed and their attitude towards me changed.
I made a judgement on my own back one day and end up with a final wriiten Warning for failing to follow instructions and a whole load of other crap they cooked up and twisted the truth .
Bearing in mind i have never had a Warning in my entire Working life for anything , i thought it was time to look for a new job.
I know if i could be bothered i could make something out of this if i could prove it, but screw them!
I went for another better paid and higher position which as most of you know i got.
Again a CRB was required, but i told my them before the interview that i had spent convictions and even showed them my CRB in the interview.
I think my honesty got me the job and they dont have any issue with my Past as its exactly that!
I have never taken so much pleasure in Handing my Notice in and the best part is my old boss asked me why i was leaving?
I told him three words "Final Written Warning!"
I worked my notice and even took all the Cr*p jobs they gave me in the last 2 weeks without a word of complaint ( would not give them the pleasure).
So in my first week i love my new job, even though i have been knackered every night this week.
Its called dedication and Hard craft.
So trust me if your present employer is an A*se hole, then simply look for another job!
I did and trust me if you feel your life is Sh*t and it gets you down, then you never know what better luck is round the corner if you try!
So K i know how you feel mate and good luck in the new job mate.
Things can only get better,lol

Hi Mate
I know how that feels and its not a nice place to be.
Had a similar situation with my last employer, even though we had had a good working relationship for three years.
The story goes that to do my job on Education sites we need to have a CRB check, which is fair enough as i work on site with children.
Nobody in the Firm has ever been CRB checked until they decide to go Ltd and then looking at ISO900 etc.
So they have to do things properly!
20 years ago i made a bit of a mess of my life and ended up in Prison for 9months.
Stupid stuff like joyriding, petty stuff, but we nicked a car burnt it out and it took out an empty garage.
So classed as Arson, therfore got sent down as that conviction carries a custodial sentence.
I came out of Nick and rebuilt my life, with the support of Family etc.
I put all of that behind me and moved on with my life.
Now i have a Lovely wife (married for 15 years) and 2 kids etc and a pretty good life.
I have not put a foot wrong with the law in over 20 years and would like to think thats all in the past!
My old employer never asked me if i had a Criminal record !
he did part of the CRB check online and must have ticked some boxes on my behalf (without my knowlage), so he got a rull copy of my convictions.
This in itself was illeagal, as its my Data!
I got my copy back and every thing was on there even though they are Spent convictions under the rehabilitation of offenders act!
So i get hauled in the office to explain my convictions, bearing in mind that i passed the Children and vunerable adults part with no convictions.
I tell the bosses son everything and he cant beleive that the convictions are mine.
lets just say thats when things changed and their attitude towards me changed.
I made a judgement on my own back one day and end up with a final wriiten Warning for failing to follow instructions and a whole load of other crap they cooked up and twisted the truth .
Bearing in mind i have never had a Warning in my entire Working life for anything , i thought it was time to look for a new job.
I know if i could be bothered i could make something out of this if i could prove it, but screw them!
I went for another better paid and higher position which as most of you know i got.
Again a CRB was required, but i told my them before the interview that i had spent convictions and even showed them my CRB in the interview.
I think my honesty got me the job and they dont have any issue with my Past as its exactly that!
I have never taken so much pleasure in Handing my Notice in and the best part is my old boss asked me why i was leaving?
I told him three words "Final Written Warning!"
I worked my notice and even took all the Cr*p jobs they gave me in the last 2 weeks without a word of complaint ( would not give them the pleasure).
So in my first week i love my new job, even though i have been knackered every night this week.
Its called dedication and Hard craft.
So trust me if your present employer is an A*se hole, then simply look for another job!
I did and trust me if you feel your life is Sh*t and it gets you down, then you never know what better luck is round the corner if you try!
So K i know how you feel mate and good luck in the new job mate.
Things can only get better,lol

:Clap: Good On Ya Mate, For Turning Ya Life Around :Clap:

Stilh I thought I wa thenonly one lol.. Seems there's loads ATM.. Anyway been to the company doc today and he recommends I have at least 7 weeks at least of sick.. So he's backin me up.. Told him my boss is a bully etc.. So all in all good result..

Feel much happier it's done though..

Again cheers stilh

Back