Sensible Topic Help - Stuck on installation of Windows 10?

bilabonic

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I created a bootable USB with Win10 but i am stuck on the next stage where it asks -

'Where do you want to install windows'

I have only ever had one drive C:.....lol

My old laptop in 10 years old..lol I'm confused at what to select? Format Partition3, then select it?,
Where do i put it, do i need to format or delete anything?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think 2/3 are fir recovery. But if your doing a clean install, you won't really need them.
Even if you deleted them all, it would create a small one (as well as the main one) for some reason? You can create others if you want to store files separatly from the OS partition.

If you want re-install from zero you must format Primary partition. Anyway, this is the best installation FORMAT and INSTALL.
Lucky with it :)

formatting now, going to fun getting the drivers..lol

computer says NO?

Did you go to device manager and clock what devices you needed drivers for.
I always make a prtsc of it. I would delete all partitions for a new install unless you want a duel boot.

I have the HP driver pack.

Yes it has Win10 64 home.

I Just do not trust secondhand laptops etc in case of hidden trojans etc as i dfeal in BTC etc.

Hence me wanting it ALL wiped and a fresh install.

Am i selecting the correct step before i get to the partition screen bit?
I am selecting Custom:Install windows only (advanced).

I'd delte the first 3 partition on the '0' (zero) partition and then install there. Windows will create partitions it needs from that.

AS to the picture above, you want the 2nd one, custom install.

Just one thing. Have you tried the windows reset feature inbuilt? How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC would save you faffing about lol.

I'd delte the first 3 partition on the '0' (zero) partition and then install there. Windows will create partitions it needs from that.

'0' is the drive i though, there is on;y one 1Tb HDD, if i deleted the first 3 i would be deleting the primary drive /partition 3...

I don't get that unless you mean delete 1,2 3, keep 4 and 5, then press NEW for a new primary one to install windows on?

I'm sure one is a HP one, fook it, had enough now....lol

How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC I'd try that from windows instead. You'll get the option to completely install it or keep personal files
I want a totally fresh install mate, WIPED, no files, nothing.....I need it clean. It was 'wiped when i had it, but still had shite running, cortana etc.
I trade to much to risk it, i should be buying BTC NOW instead of farting about..lol

Cheers mate

Back