Considerations before installing Windows 10

Keniakol

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hello, some users have some problems for the installation of Windows 10, I would like to help on board by giving some considerations before its installation, I hope it will be useful to you.

The most important thing is to check the status of the Hard Disk, it may be working, even if its integrity is at 80% or less, it is suggested to check this first, a useful tool can be Hard Disk Sentinel, if it is not at 100% it is best to replace.

Review the features we have, from the bottom right when starting the search we write "dxdiag", depending on what features appear, we determine which version of Windows is lighter for our computer.

Important, if you have valuable information, back it up before installing.
Download the ISO and prepare it to boot from a USB, you can use Rufus, choose the partition type, MBR for Bios or UEFI or GPT for UEFI, some models only allow the latter, try one and then re-prepare the ISO with the second option in case the hard drive is not detected in the installation process.

In the installation process, it is suggested to delete all hard disk partition and create a new one, Windows will create the partitions, which it will use for its installation.
I hope to be of help, greetings.

Back